cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping clubs

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Great RV Escapes program , Has anyone signed up for this program and do they like it.
5 REPLIES 5

robert_heidman
Explorer
Explorer
Our first trip to the Keys a few weeks ago and our 3 year Passport America membership was paid for twice over.
Bob and Brenda
Retired Army / Army Veteran
Sooner, Sumay, and Tex (dogs)
Coachmen Catalina 24RBS behind a 2010 F150

raston
Explorer
Explorer
My parents are believers in Passport America. They're retired and take long RV trips (6weeks to 3 months). PA has paid off for them and they recommended I get it as well, so I did. I and DW are still working stiffs and are limited to the usual vacation options as most other working stiffs. With all the restrictions that go along with PA, we got nothing out of it and it was a waste of money. We have not renewed our membership.

So, it depends your circumstances and how you use it (how you are able to use it). Hope that helps.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
The escapees site does not do enough to explain the various types of parks, how long you can stay at what prices etc. Information is withheld until you become a member.

I'm not sure what you mean. You don't have to join to view this information. Just click on the park link and it gives you prices:

https://escapees.com/parking/rainbow-parks/summerdale-alabama

Click on 'Co-op Parks' to view the rest. I will say not all co-op parks give the rates online. Some do. The co-op parks are individually managed by the park's members. They are different from the Rainbow Parks which are directly under the Escapees Club. If you click on Benson, AZ's co-op you'll see a special of $50 for a full hookup for a week. If you want to stay longer you'd need to join the Club at $40/year. To us, it's worth it.

You do have to be an Escapee member to stay in any of the parks.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use passport america - saves us a ton of money. Have not joined escapees as we haven't been traveling in the areas where they have parks. The escapees site does not do enough to explain the various types of parks, how long you can stay at what prices etc. Information is withheld until you become a member. In comparison, the good sam and passport americas let you search campgrounds without being a member. You would have to join to get the price listed.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Passport America has many more parks and it's been around longer. A couple of nights' stays will pay for the membership. You have to be flexible though as they have restrictions. It you have a 2-week vacation it might not work but if you're retired and have more time, it's a great savings.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel