cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World Financing

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World in Kaysville Utah is listing trailers for sale with prices determined on financing through Camping World.

Not unusual in the auto world but a first for me in the rv world.
And this is on some less than 10k trailers. Like 10 yrs old.
25 REPLIES 25

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure there is no prepayment penalty and when first payment comes due, pay the entire balance.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP, do some homework and check with you financial institution if you have one, but in any case get some information about what else is out there in regards to rates and terms. Then sit down with the finance guy/gal and see what he has to offer versus what you already know. They may be able to match of beat it. When I financed mine out of choice (couldnโ€™t see taking $100,000 out of investments earning twice the going finance rate) they were able to place it with BAC, no fuss.It actually was a pleasant transaction from the first sales meeting to the final paperwork. Service after the sale was a bit ragged though.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know of any lending institution that provides financing for a 10 year old camper. If Camping World is doing this, I say "koodos!" to them! It's about time! Lots of used RV will be in the market in the next 10 years, when baby boomers start selling their RV's (because of ageing out), and it will only increase more and more. As those used units are hitting dealer lots, younger folks raised with the "instant gratification" mentality absolutely do not have the whitts about them to save or wait for anything. They want it right now! So, financing is a win-win for everyone. RV dealerships can move the used units, younger folks can finance them, older folks can get rid of them. Everyone happy.

Wait and see, other financial institutions will eventually figure out there is a gigantic coming market for this soon, and they'll want to jump on the band wagon too.

Koods to Camping World! I approve!

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
just another trick to make a sale...

pay cash.. or get your own finance....
local bank, credit union... much better rates.

I bought used and with Cash.. so some do listen.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Like the old saying goes... Ain't no romance with the finance.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Try to pay cash at CW after they have quoted you a deal with THEIR financing. They will give you a higher sale price on the RV for cash (or off store financing), as they lose their kickback from the banks. Known fact, it happened to me at the Oklahoma City CW last year.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jayco-noslide wrote:
i preach against financing anything but a home but not too many listen.

I'll second that and I am one of the ones who won't even finance a home any more.
My wife and I built our last two from the ground up.

A truly happy person is one who doesn't owe a penny to anyone

jack L
Jack & Nanci

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Shop around there are better rates than CW. A credit union here in COLORADO has 3.74%
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Jayco-noslide wrote:

For the most part, I do to. I also understand that some will miss that special time with their young kids if they wait until they can pay cash.
So it's a matter of balance.

Our rule has always been to never make payments on toys. That means we had some junky RV's but we enjoyed camping anyway.

I urge you to find your own financing but if you must go with CW, keep in mind that they get a legal kick-back on the interest you pay. Because of this you can negotiate a lower rate.
One thing is for certain, NEVER negotiate based on a monthly payment amount!

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a way to make a buck, bigger chains and dealers will have explored it, and probably found a way to takke advantage of it.
Seldom will an entity go to extremes to help someone else, and always there is something even more beneficial to them as the result of the deal.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide