cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charlotte, NC where to eat?

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I will be in Charlotte soon. Looking for a good spot to eat. Not real fussy, but want $'s worth! Definitely not something 'upscale'! Sunday brunch maybe or beer and burger, good sports bar or anyplace with good food where we could mix with locals. Thanks. We'll be in hotel near the airport so in that area would be a bonus.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
12 REPLIES 12

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any Bar-B-Q joint that looks bad!

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
MERTZ uptown Charlotte.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
2 Retired wrote:
DH and I will be in Charlotte soon. Looking for a good spot to eat. Not real fussy, but want $'s worth! Definitely not something 'upscale'! Sunday brunch maybe or beer and burger, good sports bar or anyplace with good food where we could mix with locals. Thanks. We'll be in hotel near the airport so in that area would be a bonus.

I don't think you will really want to stay in that area to eat. Heads towards uptown. Macs Speedshop on South Boulevard is a good place.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
96Bounder30E wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
I think he is wondering what you were doing in Charlotte NC for a race in Virginia. Me too? Cause the two towns are not very close together.

Flew in to Charlotte from So-Cal on Monday....Tuesday and Wednesday, We toured the are race shops and the Hall of fame, Thursday, We spent all day at Stewart Hass Racing where my wifes brother works......Friday we drove to Greensboro, NC........Saturday saw the Camping world Truck race.......Sunday we saw the Sprint cup race.......Monday we flew home from Greensboro.......

Friday on the way to Greensboro.....got to eat at a wonderful local BBQ joint....Gary's BBQ in China Grove, NC....this is also where I got my first taste of Cheerwine......https://www.facebook.com/Garys-BBQ-56535746467/

We found the food of North Carolina a real treat compared to the Fast food chain restaurants that we mostly have in Southern California......

I hope you got the banana pudding at Garys! I live five minutes from there and eat there all the time. :B
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
96Bounder30E wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
I think he is wondering what you were doing in Charlotte NC for a race in Virginia. Me too? Cause the two towns are not very close together.

Flew in to Charlotte from So-Cal on Monday....Tuesday and Wednesday, We toured the are race shops and the Hall of fame, Thursday, We spent all day at Stewart Hass Racing where my wifes brother works......Friday we drove to Greensboro, NC........Saturday saw the Camping world Truck race.......Sunday we saw the Sprint cup race.......Monday we flew home from Greensboro.......

Friday on the way to Greensboro.....got to eat at a wonderful local BBQ joint....Gary's BBQ in China Grove, NC....this is also where I got my first taste of Cheerwine......https://www.facebook.com/Garys-BBQ-56535746467/

We found the food of North Carolina a real treat compared to the Fast food chain restaurants that we mostly have in Southern California......

CheerWine. you can only get it here. and a s Diabetic. the Diet cheerwine has Splenda in it. the only diet drink without a horrible after taste. Just about all I drink
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
In Greensboro you should have ate at Stameys BBQ.....

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terryallan wrote:

Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
96Bounder30E wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
96Bounder30E wrote:
We were in Charlotte in October 2013 for the Martinsville Nascar race......

:h

What part don't you understand?:h

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
lawnspecialties wrote:
96Bounder30E wrote:

What part don't you understand?:h
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
used Thorley headers

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
96Bounder30E wrote:

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
The Landmark is not anywhere near the Charlotte airport however. About 45 minutes at least. When you get to your hotel, ask them. There are many, many restaurants in that area.

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were in Charlotte in October 2013 for the Martinsville Nascar race......one of the best places that we ate that was a restaurant called the Landmark Diner......it was featured on Diners drive ins and dives.....there were 4 of us for dinner that night and we all thought the food was excellent......

Landmark Diner
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
used Thorley headers