cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A or B

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We've run the gambit on RV's and will be going full-time soon and just can't decide what way to go. We were initially going with a "couples" TT but after going and looking at them they just seemed to small for endless months of leisurely travel. We are strongly considering going motorized again, but this time with something smaller than 36' dual slide basement behemoth. It appears that a 28-30 footer with a walk around queen will work. We will be towing a Ford Ranger with a Harley in it, so I'll need to be able to tow 5K behind it...lean towards B. I would also like to be able to use the coach with any slides in...lean towards A. We also like the titch more room in the A with the cab seats being able to be used when parked. Then there's the shorter profile of the B and better mpg from the more aero design of the nose.

quandry
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP
21 REPLIES 21

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't decide which way to go.
I know what you mean.

A toyhauler and truck means you can put the motorcycle in the hauler, and drive the truck.

A motorized A B C with a toad?. that means you have to pull the truck and motorcycle.

Which way to go? Which way is easiest for how you want to travel etc.
I know...I know..we are trying to figure out which way we want to go also LOL

We kayak and bike and hubby has tons of surf fishing stuff and all goes into the toyhauler along with our golf cart we bring, but for full time I am thinking I want a regular TT and put the kayaks on the roof of the truck and that seems like alot of work kinda and get a long bed truck and put the golf cart back there? now we are not sure how to take all our stuff with us ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I don't know, we are so still thinking how we will be rolling when we hit full time in about 5 years and even in that 5 years I don't know what kind of set up we will be having LOL
best of luck to you!!

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Since everyone mentioned what I was thinking, here's a different thought.

You've done this before so you know what you need to travel- can you function in something smaller than the 36' behemoth you mentioned? My 31' C can easily tow 5k because it's rated for double that, but if your lifestyle requires you to have more space, then it's an A. If you can't imagine yourself in 25-28 feet (didn't know B+ were that big!), Then a B is out.

If I was FT, I would pull a trailer fill of toys, or drive a toy hauler, not pull my bike out of my truck every time I wanted to use it.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
You must mean a class C not a class B. a class B will not tow a ford ranger with a harley in it very well.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
OP: There's a BIG difference between a Class A and Class B. Is the 'B' really what you mean? They are very small.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a 35 foot class A to a 28 foot class B+ Nexus and don't regret it for a minute......

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I think he means 'C'.

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class C+
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox