cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning question I haven't found answered elsewhere?

Michigan_RV_er
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all!

I have been searching through the forums here for over an hour trying to find the answer, but I'm still confused.

I now know how to remove bugs, black streaks, and what waxes work best but...

Here's the little back story. My very first camping trip after purchasing our used 2003 Class C last spring, my GPS gets us lost for 2 hours on Michigan dirt roads. It was miserable. We were so excited, and then my GPS was telling us to make turns where there was no road. At one point we got within 1 mile to our destination campground but the GPS had us pointed straight at a big rutted out mud pit of a season logging road. So we got the rig turned around and kept trucking. (Yes, I immediately went out and purchased a County map book after that trip).

The fine particle dirt found it's way into everything! And the Check Engine Light came on as a result of all the chatter bumps and engine vacuum lines coming loose.

Anyways, ever since then my RV has looked like an abandoned dirty 70 year old single wide trailer. It has a brownish hue to the entire coach area and no longer shines at all.

I have washed it a few times with automotive soap. I can see dirt washing off of it. But it doesn't get ride of the brown-ness color of the coach at all.

What would be my action plan here? If I "polish" with a buffer of some kind, will that remove the discoloration and expose the brighter white underneath again?

Thanks. I really appreciate your opinions.
16 REPLIES 16

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recall the first time I navigated to a place I'd never been before completly by GPS and a bit of memory (I remembered the freeway exit number)

The GPS was a Garmin E-Trex, it tells me how far and what direction and that is all.

When the thing pointed ahead, I drove straight, when it pointed almost directly right or left I turned, when it very very suddenly swung from Ahead to left, I mea VERY FAST, i stopped, looked to the left, and turned into the RV so as to enter the campground we were going to.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the local Dollar Store.Buy " Awesome".$1.00 a bottle.Spray on.leave set for about a minute.Then use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser".Do a small section about 4 x 4ft starting at the top of the trailer and work your way down rinsing as you go.