cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coach Net ERS Emergency Trip Interruption: Collision only?

CrusinSusan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for ERS (not a good sam fan, and AAA seems to only do reimbursements outside of your designated membership area...and seems to be offered only as an addition to already being a member via a car, which I may not have if I buy the rig I want) and going over Coach Net's plans, and the wording of the Emergency Trip Interruption benefit seems pretty clear, and thus gives me pause:

"Up to $2,000 reimbursement for automobile rental, food and lodging made necessary by the disablement of your RV due to a collision more than 100 miles from your home."

I emailed them yesterday to get clarification, but they take up to 2 days to respond to emails via their form (can't find an addy for them,...which is annoying in general...addy's mean I can have a hard copy of what I've written).

My concern is what if there is no collision? But rather a break-down (more likely for most of us). Seems to me that Coach Net would not cover food/lodging/car rental in that case. And that's what would be important to me.

I guess I'm asking because I'm hoping I'm wrong and that they worded it wrong.
Why? Because at my age, I have maybe 40 more chances to see flowers bloom.
CrusinSusan's Blog!!

22 REPLIES 22

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Have had GS for a number of years and never had to have to used the collision part of it. I have used them for almost everything they cover and never had a problem. One time they sent a Road Warrior guy to jump start me that didn't have a big enuff jumper for my Power Stroke Excursion and another time I had to call my own tow truck because all their operators were tied up by some little bitty blizzard several years ago on the east coast. They were smart enuff to put up a recording saying to call your own tow and we'll reimburse you later and they did.
I really hope that you're nor planning on having an accident.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you'll find that reimbursement will only be for a collision situation. By the way, GS and CN are basically the same service. The person who answers your service call will determine the expertise of service you will receive. Unfortunately, that service is not always what we expect and sometimes bad for both providers....but overall, probably mostly good. Either one will be about the best you can expect.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I have Coach Net but if you don't trust what they say on the phone to be fact why would you want their service?

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
I can only respond with the service I received from CoachNet a few weeks ago.
Long story short: MH broke down 90 miles from the closest diesel repair. Coachnet sent a low boy wrecker 90 miles to me and 90 miles back to the repair facility and was prompt, efficient and the driver looked like someone you would like at your dinner table and professional. (You know no wire hanging out of his face and tatoos and earlobe that touched the shoulder.)
Absolutely no charge.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
CrusinSusan wrote:
Because this is just the sort of thing I want a written record of....verbal conversations can't be proved.

Was just hoping someone here had some experience with non-collision emergency trip interruption with coach net.

Susan, a telephone conversion will be just as binding as a response on an internet forum.

Jim

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
I have Allstate RV ERS and accidents are the only way you will be reimbursed for lodging, food and car rental for three days. I've heard that GS is just an Allstate policy so would suspect the same rules apply.

CrusinSusan
Explorer
Explorer
Because this is just the sort of thing I want a written record of....verbal conversations can't be proved.

Was just hoping someone here had some experience with non-collision emergency trip interruption with coach net.
Why? Because at my age, I have maybe 40 more chances to see flowers bloom.
CrusinSusan's Blog!!

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
why not just call them and ask?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle