cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Concealed Carry Permit for SD Nomads?

mileena
Explorer
Explorer
I plan to become a full-timer in a few years and domicile in SD. Has anyone had any problem getting a concealed carry permit in SD? It has or will shortly have reciprocity with 30-36 other states, depending on the permit you get. For other states, I will apply for non-resident permits there or just keep my gun locked in a case and unloaded.

Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19

mileena
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help!

ccxnola: Once you get a SD DL, insn't that proof of SD residency? Just get your DL in the mail then come back in 30 days and apply for CCW??

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
This may help.
Marvin

HERE
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like South Dakota does not issue non resident permits so you will have to establish your residence there. After that an AZ or FL permit would give you a couple extra states where you can legally carry. www.handgunlaw.us This web site is your friend if you want information on all the different state laws. Jim.

ccxnola
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW - last year I had the local SD county (where I have my 'residence') sheriff tell me that he would not approve a CCP unless I could show that I had been actually resident in the county for thirty days - by providing receipt of RV park rental or other valid proof. Plus the usual carry items of gun safety and marksmanship.

I guess it depends on the county sheriff regarding issuance of a CCP.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 mid-entry DP w/CAT 3126b Diesel
Look for the Mardi Gras 'Gators - Laissez le bon temps roulez - Let the good times roll!!

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't tried SD but have Utah which recognizes SD and vice versa besides our NV permit.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel