cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Discount on New 14

AAFD
Explorer
Explorer
Any idea on how much of a discount I could get on a new 2014 Jayco class C? The dealer has 2015 and 2016 on the lot, same floor plans. This is a Seneca. Price from 3 months ago was 30% of list but no 2016 on let yet.

Thanks

KC
2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
Towed Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
FMCA member
11 REPLIES 11

APT
Explorer
Explorer
For anything Jayco, I'd get a quote from RV Direct for a fresh custom build. Then I'd consider how much more of a discount I'd want for something sitting on a dealer lot for 1-2 years vs. waiting 8-10 weeks.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

AAFD
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:
Ann Arbor?

Yes
FMCA member

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
midnightsadie wrote:
I like dansben idea ,short and to the point.

I have bought 3 vehicles that way
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ann Arbor?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like dansben idea ,short and to the point.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Then make an offer you are comfortable with. List price on RV is a nebulous thing tthe exact same RV can have different lists depending on which dealer ordered it. I am not talking delivery charge. Dealer A can say I want a $200,000 sticker price, Dealer B may want a $225,000 sticker price and c a $250,000 sticker there is no federal law.

SO just make a offer you are comfortable with.
Suggested words are
HI my name is ____________ here is my name and address and phone on this paper
' I will give you XXX for that rig total out the door price NO ADD ONS and tax and DMV included. Go do what you have to do and then come back. If the answer is yes I am prepared to give you a deposit today and balance AFTER repeat AFTER the rig passes a predelivery inspection. If it does not pass I will delay paying until the rig is in good order. If the answer is no then I am leaving! there will be no negotiation on price.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND or should I repeat what I have said.
If offer is taken then you must be very careful your demands are in writing on the final contract

Is it the 36 0r 37 and are you doing a clean deal or are you mucking up the waters with your trade
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

AAFD
Explorer
Explorer
No on the rental, it has a 14 chassis.

KC
FMCA member

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
what year is the chassis? alot of rv chassis is one year older than the coach. how meny miles on it, was it a rental?

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Aside from the price, I would wonder why a 2014 is sitting on the lot. Is there something wrong, whether it's the color, the way it's finished inside, or perhaps it has driving/handling issues ? Is it really "new" or was it bought by someone who later traded it in for whatever reason ?
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought my TT for 54% off on 2015 TT and it was new. I would do what the person above suggested. Add another 20%. Its new, but you could get a 2016 for 30% off easily.
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Price 3 mos ago was 30% of List price.......that would have been a normal price and good starting point for negotiations.

2014........3 model yrs

Take another 20% off current price
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31