cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double bummer!!

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
What a week of Bummers. First, we`ve had issues at work that have caused 2 of the salesmen to quit. That has an impact on me in as much I`ve been informed that my 3 week "go west" vacation has been pared down to 2 weeks...all the time the boss will let me be gone under the circumstance. So DW and I have decided to scrub the western trip until next year and just go north to the UP for 10 days or so. Second bummer is that I`ve just discovered that our roof ac unit has bit the dust. What a lousy week!!
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS
24 REPLIES 24

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Not really RV related, but I have been "planning" a day off for two years now. A friend has been wanting me to go with him to the Mile High Nationals and this was going to be the year. Scheduled the day off a month in advance.

The previous week the other tech in the shop comes down with kidney stones. Being the only one left, I knew I couldn't leave them shorthanded. I missed the races and ended up having to do all of the work for a week and a half by myself.

Other note: Anyone know how to give him kidney stones again? I sure liked my paycheck. 😄
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

rockportrocket
Explorer
Explorer
That happened to me years ago and I called the boss on Sun night about 2000 miles away and told him that I couldn't make it in the next day. It worked out OK for me. Try it and see how much they need you at work.

Wow u do that to me, come Tuesday you be on permanent vacation .

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my DW has some health related issues where we can`t risk the weather game without the availability of the AC. I`ll bite the bullet so to speak and just replace the darned thing.

As to the work issue...with only 3 of us sales guys left, there is way too much existing customer activity to leave it all on the other two guys any longer than necessary. We`ve already discussed it between us and agreed to a plan to cover the customers needs.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well if you go far enough north you might not need the A/C.

.......and if a couple more salesmen quit you won't be going anywhere.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes things work out for the best. You do not want to come out West with no AC anyway!!!!
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't believe I'd take K Charles' advice. Do you really want your boss to know that they can get along without you?
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are still in the central lower peninsula (west mich ) and have not needed our air for about 2 weeks. We did use our little electric heater in the morning a couple of times recently though as it was down into the 40's at night.

blackestate
Explorer
Explorer
We had the AC die on us, and a normal AC guy fixed it and toped of the charge for less than $100. and about 1 hour Depending on what is wrong, might be worth a call.
2004 Wilderness 320DBHS
2004 f-350

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
That happened to me years ago and I called the boss on Sun night about 2000 miles away and told him that I couldn't make it in the next day. It worked out OK for me. Try it and see how much they need you at work.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Well if you go far enough north you might not need the A/C.