cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

E-Trailer good site for general RV stuff?

Rainier
Explorer
Explorer
I always here on this forum that e-trailer.com is a great place to purchase towing/hitch stuff, but how does it compare in terms of prices for all the other RV stuff they have? They seem to have a great selection. Just wondering what experiences people have had.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a BlueOx towbar and base plate from them. Their price was the about the best I could find. When I went to install the base plate it was bent, obviously dropped, and wouldn't fit between the frame members. Called them and they immediately called BlueOx, the base plate was dropped shipped by BlueOx. They called to let me know what was happening and I received a new base plate 2 days later. Both E-Trailer and BlueOx responded as fast as they could to solve the problem.

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good luck with them. A couple of items I needed for rebuilding my blue ox tow bar I couldn't find anywhere else. Another item was on backorder and I got an e-mail every week letting me know the status. I also like that they have a warehouse about six miles from me so it's always free shipping.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't care much about the lowest available cost on an item, no reason not to buy from etrailer.

We've bought a ton of RV stuff off the internet. DW (a bean-counting accountant) and I shop all over the internet for the lowest prices (item cost plus shipping) and etrailer has rarely had the lowest price. The are a dozen or so RV parts vendors on the internet and prices can vary quite a bit and have never had problems with any of them. Personally I'm not impressed with tech. info. on etrailer's site. Don't get sucked into a vendor that always has everything on sale because it's usually cheaper somewhere else. Sometimes Amazon and ebay have the lowest cost. Have saved enough by shopping around on the 'net by now to almost buy a new RV, lol.

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
This is some good info, I'm glad I clicked on this.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had good luck with what I've bought from them. A very good place to buy from.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I rarely use anybody else. Their customer skills are first class. They also have the "stuff" in stock and ship quickly.
Puma 30RKSS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
I've found sometimes they have excellent prices and sometimes they don't. Good service however.

That's been my experience also.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
If I have a choice of places to buy, E-Trailer is usually my first choice.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I shop price and shipping costs. I've had good luck with all the major RV parts people and Amazon as well. It just depends.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Another that will commend etrailer for excellent customer service. Sometimes that means paying a few dollars more as you know you will be taken care of. I have found they have competitive pricing though. Great place and can't say that enough.
I love me some land yachting

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
etrailer is one of the best outfits out there. Competitive prices and customer service second to none...
Also, they know their products and are a great source of info.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've purchased a few items from them when the price has been right and their service was excellent. But, when I'm shopping, I do an online search and look for the best price (including shipping) and choose the lower price IF I know that the vendor is an established business with a track record.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my brake controller there. No problems. They have a good selection of items and some helpful info in their product reviews.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Generally good prices.

Excellent customer service.

I needed to replace a broken step on my trailer and it took four phone calls and me e-mailing pictures before they were sure they had exactly the right replacement that I needed.

You can talk to a real person about what you need, who actually knows the parts, how to install them, etc.

Very useful videos.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT