cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric bikes !!

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lets talk about your electric bikes and what you think about them ! We have had our fat tire , twenty inch , folding bikes for two weeks and have been riding them 8 to 12 miles per day . We pedal constantly just because it feels right although I assume you can go on battery twenty some miles . We maintain 14 MPH pretty easily and with more throttle we can get up to twenty ! Our brand " Ecotric Dolphin " , about $ 850 . We like to wander around small towns and some time have to park far away , out in the boondocks because of the length of our rig , we hope this will lead to more exploring and some trail riding . We tend to always pedal and use the battery when these 77 year olde legs get tired ! What kind have ya got , do ya use them as much as ya think ya would ?
94 REPLIES 94

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
BikesDirect has some sleeker looking models.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have (and love!) a RadRover ST-1. It is a fat tired step thru bike that I purchased a couple of years ago in order to go riding on the trails and back roads with my son's while camping. It has proven to be a wise and fun purchase and fulfills its intended purpose very well.

It can be used with or without pedal assist and has 5 levels of pedal assist. I usually ride in PA 1 or 2.

I added a suspension seat post, water bottle cage, and mirror to it. The mirror is to watch for bears chasing us!:E ๐Ÿ˜‰

The bike cost around $1500 now I think. I purchased it right from the Rad bike company but they also have some stand alone bike shops and dealers in certain cities.

Here is a pic of my bike up at the campground last summer.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
The E-bikes can get up to a couple of thousand dollars but there are a lot of then under one thousand . We bought ours on Amazon for there return policy !

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
$850, that sounds pretty good... is that an average price for an electric bicycle? I always thought they were over $1000.

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
I have two E-Bikes, one Pedego Trail Tracker, and a Letric Fold Up. I have had several problems with the Pedego, but the factory has taken care of me, no problems with the Letric. For comfort and ease of riding, the Pedego with the 26" Tires feels more stable and the seat is more comfortable. The Letric is great when I am riding a short distance or my truck is crowded with "stuff". On either bike, I try to pedal as much as I can, as I want the exercise. It is comforting to know that when I get tired, I use the throttle to get me back to where I started. JH