cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric Broom

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
Need recommendations for a lightweight, inexpensive electric broom. Don't mind if it uses bags, but if not, need one that is easy to empty without spilling the contents all over the place!
16 REPLIES 16

Dave_T_
Explorer
Explorer
Since we have our dogs, we had to have a vacuum with a beater-bar. Aldi's Crofton brand rechargeable gets the fur and dirt out of the carpet and vinyl just fine. No bags and easy to empty. The main part detaches and has built in crevasse tool.
Dave & Vicki Tedesco
2004 Itasca Meridian 36G
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2008 Escape Hybrid
Brake Buddy
Falcon Tow Bar

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a refurbished Hoover Li-ion battery vacuum. It was about 100 bucks thru the Hoover site. Its wonderful, with floor or carpet settings. Lynx cordless. I can sweep around my home main floor (2000 ft) 2 times before recharging. Great for dog and cat hair.
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
To the forum members who asked politely what brand here it is:
Eureka Rally II. I found it at Walmart but can be purchased elsewhere.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canuckistani wrote:
It appears to be a Eureka Rally2-980A canister vacuum.

Eureka Rally2-980A Canister Vacuum at Eureka.com

THANKS that looks like it.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Canuckistani
Explorer
Explorer
It appears to be a Eureka Rally2-980A canister vacuum.

Eureka Rally2-980A Canister Vacuum at Eureka.com
2009 Chevrolet Suburban LT2
2014 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:

After wasting a ton of $$$ on the stick brooms, I finally found a vacumm that is lightweight, small enough for an RV and actually WORKS!

Good info Rock and nice small picture but can you tell us the name or even a link to this most wondrous vacuum?

BillyandKris wrote:
What brand is the yellow one in the photo? I like a canister type and am interested.

Hate it when someone does this, tells you something with no other information. Not very helpful. Just another useless post.
Buying A Rental Class C

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
We tried all kinds and finally settled on a Dyson DC Animal. Was spendy but after buying different kinds....THIS one works!
cpaulsen

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
What brand is the yellow one in the photo? I like a canister type and am interested.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would check out some of the offerings from Shark.

Wife bought a Bissel, I do not like it at all (it is a bagless)

One thing you can get,, (Fuller brush model is best but I have a Bissel here too) is a carpet sweeper. Link provided below.. NO POWER NEEDED they are powered by armstrong (If your arm is strong....).

Here is the Fuller Brush corporate site:
Electrostatic Carpet Sweeper
(I used to own one of these, A bit heavier than the Bissel it did a great job)

Here is a link to one on Amazon.. The description is different, do not know if it is the same product or not:

Fuller Brush Carpet Sweeper

These units use brushes to sweep into a built in dust pan (2 of them) and do a very good job.. In many respects I like 'em better than the vacuum.

However I do use both.. The brushes get all cat-haired after all.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Bissel 3 in 1 with a 16 foot power cord from WalMart for $19.00. It does a great job in my camper. No bags needed. Easy to clean. Usable as a hand-vac, also. I haven't had much luck with the rechargeables.
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I tried an electric broom and hand vac... was OK for getting the sand that piled up at the corners, but I ended up getting an upright vac with a telescoping handle. That made life easy because I was able to get the dirt out of the floor heater vents without issue. Of course, it means flipping the generator on when used, but c'est la vie.

buzzard616
Explorer
Explorer
We use one of these as an everyday house vac as well as in the TT.

Stu
Stu & Jackie Metcalfe
2000 Salem 27FKSS
2008 Sierra 2500 HD gasser

Canuckistani
Explorer
Explorer
Amps are not an accurate measurement of suction or 'pickup' power. They merely denote how much draw the electric motor creates on the electrical system when running. Poor quality motors will typically have a higher amp draw than a higher quality, more efficient one.

A more efficient fan & plumbing can mean a manufacturer can use a more efficient (lower amperage) motor on their vacuum.
2009 Chevrolet Suburban LT2
2014 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:

After wasting a ton of $$$ on the stick brooms, I finally found a vacumm that is lightweight, small enough for an RV and actually WORKS!

Good info Rock and nice small picture but can you tell us the name or even a link to this most wondrous vacuum?
Buying A Rental Class C