cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

electrical question, how to make clearance lights blink

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Seeking instructions/guidance to what I need to do to make clearance lights blink? Trailer is plugged into 110 volt.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
28 REPLIES 28

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
@path1. Sorry to hear of your situation and best to both of you. I, nor anyone else could have likely imagined why you were asking this.
I have another suggestion.
Like someone suggested giving your lat/long coordinates, you can drop a location pin on your phone map and then send that location via text.
Or, for deliveries, presume you know the โ€œwrongโ€ street name. Why not just use that street name for your delivery address if thatโ€™s what gets someone to the right place?
Itโ€™s not a solution for the overarching problem, but it should work.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As someone said a standard "HD" two pin blinker in the 7-pin socket (yup the plug is really a female so socket)

And a pair of earplugs to block out the screams of your neighbors.

Please do not do that. at least at night.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Path,

I have one direct answer that might help.
Years ago someone patented a light switch for houses that could set the outside flashing in the case of an emergency and I never heard more about it. I can't find any reference, but maybe you could rig such a thing.

The indirect answer. Walk outside with your smartphone and record the Lat/long of your house. Give that to people in stead of a street address. Tell them to put those numbers in the car GPS.

Wishing you and yours all the best.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
JRscooby wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
JRscooby wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
Why?

IMHO, it is a good idea to carry a flasher in someplace handy incase you need to unhook along side the highway.
As for markers in a campground, go sleep in a truckstop.

He probably wouldn't be connected to 110 in that case. Just a guess.

Jump between the battery charge line to the taillight line, power would come from battery. (When shore power the converter feeds)

Skibane wrote:
The clearance lights on a lot of modern trailers are LED, and don't draw enough current to make a typical flasher...flash.

Might be right, but 1 incandescent bulb will trip a flasher. The trailer will have at least a dozen lamps. Don't know if would work or not...

Newer vehicles have led lights and the flasher works for those, so no reason why it would not work for a trailer.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
JRscooby wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
Why?

IMHO, it is a good idea to carry a flasher in someplace handy incase you need to unhook along side the highway.

Jump between the battery charge line to the taillight line, power would come from battery. (When shore power the converter feeds)

Skibane wrote:
The clearance lights on a lot of modern trailers are LED, and don't draw enough current to make a typical flasher...flash.

Might be right, but 1 incandescent bulb will trip a flasher. The trailer will have at least a dozen lamps. Don't know if would work or not...

path1
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
Why?

RV Park Rave.

Op here.....I'd be so happy if that was our problem. Here is our situation. Wife has been in hospice (in home) for about year and half. About 8 months ago google and other map makers made a mistake and renamed our street, so people trying to find our house by GPS can't. Looking down our long drive way, the top of trailer is visible from the street. So I thought flashing lights on trailer might help guide these directional challenged into our place. (A flashing bicycle light on top of the fence is not tall enough to been seen from street.) Seems like 2 or 3 times a month she needs medical care after hours. Between the "after hour traveling" nurses and nurses that English is second of even third language; they can't follow verbal directions.
We have submitted a street correction to google maps and other map makers. No response over 6 months now. Had to get a $280.00 UPS store P.O. box on order to get her medical supplies from fed ex, amazon etc.

So just one error of misnaming a street has created ton of problems for us.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II

dedmiston
JRscooby wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
Why?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tyler0215 wrote:
Why?

dedmiston
Tyler0215 wrote:
Why?

RV Park Rave.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Why?

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
With the tab on the 7 way connector at the 12:00 position plug the flasher into the 2 top terminals.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
I just got an old turn signal flasher and plugged it in to the 7-pin connector
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Use auto blinker and plug it into 7 way on trailer.
Cost about $4 cash.