2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much
13 REPLIES 13

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
TenOC wrote:
For the last few weeks, I have had "time out" problems posting to RV.Net. However if I go to trailerlife.com then Forums the same posting works OK.

Every time I've had a timeout issue it was because I had a special character in my text or was quoting someone else who did.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
For the last few weeks, I have had "time out" problems posting to RV.Net. However if I go to trailerlife.com then Forums the same posting works OK.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe it needs to Sterilize. (wish I could find a longer clip of this. If I did you would see that they found a solution)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw3zzMWOIvk

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What I have noticed if I take too long to reply to a post on RV.net it won't post, the reply can't find a the server, so I copy and past that response and go to the Good Sams site and that usually works but not always.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
And sometimes those stupid pages come up that want to verify you are not a robot and you have select boxes that don't contain vehicles, or signs, or something like that. I must be doing something wrong, because I can never get past them. I end up clearing all the cookies, history, and cache from my computer, shut it down, reboot, and then (sometimes) it works ok. The only problem is with this forum web site. Don't make sense. But, it's a free forum, so I'm not fussing too much.

When I get the "I am not a robot" page (also annoying on this end)I'm only asked to click one button and I'm back in. On other sites when this happens it's some sort of security measure and the eyes are required to decipher and re-write a stylized alpha numerical code; least no need to do that here.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I get the "Connection Rest" a lot too. I've tried RV.net portal and GoodSam portal. Happens erratic, doesn't make any sense. And sometimes those stupid pages come up that want to verify you are not a robot and you have select boxes that don't contain vehicles, or signs, or something like that. I must be doing something wrong, because I can never get past them. I end up clearing all the cookies, history, and cache from my computer, shut it down, reboot, and then (sometimes) it works ok. The only problem is with this forum web site. Don't make sense. But, it's a free forum, so I'm not fussing too much.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you talking about the RESET bug.. I have no idea but I get it too. "Connection reset" only place I ever see it is on the Affinity Group forums (of which this is one).. Wish they would fix it.

Normally that error indicates issues with your internet.. I do get it OCCASIONALLY when I have a very flaky connection but if the connection is good enough to stream audio.. I should not see it, and I'm streaming audio as I type.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Admin
It's probably the 1/4 symbol.
Admin
RV.net

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I guess you don't need help with the error.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Please quote the text of the error. Thank you.

I was able to post through Good Sams, its my post on Steps
Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Percent signs and a good many other special characters give trouble with at least the rv.net portal.

Percent signs will post properly on the rv.net portal if you change the URL to a secure (https) url. Other characters can be posted as HTML character entities, but I don't think it's generally worth the effort to do so.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
You could be using nonpermitted characters..
Your post regarding steps seems to have gone through just fine
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please quote the text of the error. Thank you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman