cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever walk into the wrong trailer?

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
So I am camping this last weekend and meeting some great people. I went off to fish for a little while and when I came back to what I thought was my tt I almost walked right into the wrong camper. A tt just like mine had pulled in a couple sites down. I am glad they were cool about it and we just laughed, I even got invited to stay for dinner but I declined. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
55 REPLIES 55

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Camped at the Lagoon amusement park north of SLC last year, had the daughter and grandson walk into the wrong MH, surprised an older couple and their dog, we have a white and blue Itasca Sunrise, they had a white and blue Winnebago parked right next to us, almost looked identical. The worst vehicle incident we had was years ago at Disneyland when the parking lot was where California Disney is now, had a white Ford rental car, ALL THE CARS IN THE LOT WERE WHITE FORD RENTAL CARS! Took us almost an hour to find ours.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
No...

Face it, you are probably losing your mind 😉

Another "NO"........and -

Depending on the time & the "owner/s" - you could be losing your life!..:(

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
dee74 wrote:
OP here. All these stories make me feel better.

You're in good company 🙂
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Slowmover
Explorer
Explorer
Imagine one of the big Airstream rallies from the 1960s. Hundreds and hundreds of shiny aluminum trailers not terribly different in size.
1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 11-cpm solo, 17-cpm towing fuel cost

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Started a Huey one day. thought It was company ship. We were supposed to be going to Nha Trang. I realized the right seat had headed north and the rocket pods were loaded and two gunners in the door with ammo already in the guns. Not so much fun when lots of green tracers are passing by I had to finish the mission with them. Co and Warrant Officer and a Captain weren't amused but a little.
Payback maybe or a joke, I don't know. I had to fly out, not told where, landed a click or kilometer out from a village where a Sgt was doing a hearts and minds thing, I don't remember the name of the program. The reason not to draw fire to the village. I had to run a sprint form the kilometer. He looked at the note as if it was some nonsense signed it and back I ran. Picked a bullet hole in lapel and red streak along mmy shoulder. Didn't get a Purple Heart.
Several times we have both approached the wrong black car. Some Audis, and Jags, and even Hundays resemble our Merc.
Stated to load the wrong Edge more than once. Wife tried to open the door on one.

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Wishbone51 wrote:
I once patted my wife's back end, but it turned out it was her sister wearing my wife's jacket. hahahhaha. They looked the same from the rear.

And I'm sure that they were both immensely pleased! :E
‘Love is what’s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.’ - Elain - age 8

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Justus4 wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Naio wrote:
:: laughing ::

My mom did this with her station wagon. The door key worked and everything. Then she started looking around the interior... 'This is not my large automobile'.

Did anyone else pick up on this Talking Heads reference?

This is not my beautiful wife. 🙂

Same as it ever was.

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. All these stories make me feel better.

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I went to a New Years Eve party one year. We knew the street number but not the house number. We pulled up to a house with a large number of cars outside and thought this must be it! We ventured in, greeted the host and the hostess, gave them our dish that we brought and proceeded to sit down in the living room. Noticed some odd looks...We looked around.... looked at each other... whispered "do you know anyone here?". Asked if this was so and so's house and was told they live 2 houses down! We all had a good laugh and they gave us our dish back and out we went. Very embarrassing.

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Naio wrote:
:: laughing ::

My mom did this with her station wagon. The door key worked and everything. Then she started looking around the interior... 'This is not my large automobile'.

Did anyone else pick up on this Talking Heads reference?

This is not my beautiful wife. 🙂

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
My cousin did that about 35 years ago. She had to go to the bath house at 2:00am and when she came out she couldn't remember if she had to go right or left. She wandered around for 1.5 hr. before finding her own TT.

I did this in broad daylight. My son came looking for me and rescued me. 😮

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
I once patted my wife's back end, but it turned out it was her sister wearing my wife's jacket. hahahhaha. They looked the same from the rear.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Noooooo but I once spoke sharply to a man with his back turned to me in a supermarket aisle. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights when he turned around and prolly I did too. His wife started laughing after my man turned the corner wearing the same mismatched socks......

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
Perfectly good excuse! Walking back from fishing and see this gorgeous very shapely gal walking into a trailer that resembles your own and just trying to follow her!

Now try explaning this to your wife or girlfriend while looking her right in the eye...

I would have no reason for excuse or explanation. My bride of 19 years is a treasure to me. Do I look? Yep. Do I care to stray? Not a chance.
‘Love is what’s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.’ - Elain - age 8