cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

expensive tires and batteries

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Well i knew this year that i was going to have to replace the tires and 2 batteries on our 05 Trail Lite Batam 23ft. hybrid. The problem is i had no ideal how expensive it was going to be. :S

It started out innocently enough 2 weeks ago tomorrow. The DW and i had decided to kill a Sunday afternoon by going to our local RV show, mistake #1. I then wondered away from the DW while she was looking at the list of left over 13 inventory at our RV dealers booth where we always buy our RV's, mistake #2. There it was, a new 13 left over Gray Wolf 26BH which we looked at very seriously back last summer. The price was $3000 less than last year of course its in the winter and its a left over model now. The final mistake was looking up the owner-friend of ours and started talking numbers. We haven't picked it up yet because of the weather, we put a deposit on it and were signing papers and picking it up Feb. 21st.

Well at least i got new tires and batteries, they just cost a bit more than i had planned on spending. :h
13 REPLIES 13

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:

Yes this was one of those killer deals at least in my opinion and we were both in agreement and pounced on it.

Great that you both agreed on it. :B
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Not camping related but one Sat my mother went crocery shopping and came home with a brand new Ford pickup. Bad thing, Dad worked for GM and could have used his employee discount. OOPs........
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Works for me. More used RV's out there that are more affordable for people like me . I suggest you all need to go to RV shows more often. I'm going to start encouraging people to do that. Especially with their wives.

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
Better check those tires dates. May be older than you think.

I would like to know what the tire dates has to do with that thread. I never said anything about tires, i know full well about tire dates!

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
Well i knew this year that i was going to have to replace the tires and 2 batteries on our 05 Trail Lite Batam 23ft. hybrid. The problem is i had no ideal how expensive it was going to be. :S

It started out innocently enough 2 weeks ago tomorrow. The DW and i had decided to kill a Sunday afternoon by going to our local RV show, mistake #1. I then wondered away from the DW while she was looking at the list of left over 13 inventory at our RV dealers booth where we always buy our RV's, mistake #2. There it was, a new 13 left over Gray Wolf 26BH which we looked at very seriously back last summer. The price was $3000 less than last year of course its in the winter and its a left over model now. The final mistake was looking up the owner-friend of ours and started talking numbers. We haven't picked it up yet because of the weather, we put a deposit on it and were signing papers and picking it up Feb. 21st.

Well at least i got new tires and batteries, they just cost a bit more than i had planned on spending. :h

Don't feel too bad. In 1996 the wife and I went to a DQ to get a milkshake and came home with a brand new GMC 2500 4x4. ๐Ÿ™‚
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Better check those tires dates. May be older than you think.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reminds me of a kid I met once at a Square Dance, last name Kidder by the way.

We got to talking , turns out my dad bought tires from his dad.

So what did he do for a living? Well he sold tires.. 5 at a time with a brand new LINCOLN attached.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gjwarneke
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you....hoping you have many more, great camping adventures ahead of you.
Jo

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
cacoon wrote:
Haha I did the same thing, went to a RV show, just to kill the day. Happened across a killer deal, went home with a brand new trailer.
Cacoon

Yes this was one of those killer deals at least in my opinion and we were both in agreement and pounced on it. The funny thing is we looked at this same trailer, (same model anyway) back last year with the exception it didn't have the XL package on it and it was $3000 more. It is a trailer we have been looking at for the last few years and it was exactly what we wanted. We can't wait to pick it up.

cacoon
Explorer
Explorer
Haha I did the same thing, went to a RV show, just to kill the day. Happened across a killer deal, went home with a brand new trailer.
Cacoon

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bipeflier wrote:
More than one way to skin a cat!
or strangle a dog.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Moved from ATC

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
More than one way to skin a cat!

Congrats.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)