cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

exterior coating

rronii
Explorer
Explorer
In Phoenix AZ there is a company who advertises an exterior coating for RV'S,Trailers etc. (fiberglass) that never has to be waxed again. They say they completely remove all stains from the fiberglass coating then apply their special coating. I have seen before and after photos and there seems to be a tremendous difference. The after looks like a brand new surface. It looks amazing. The cost for my 33' coach was right at between $700and $800. They gave me an approximate estimate but said they really needed to see the coach. Also I was told it should be gone over every year for a cost of about $250. Anyone have any info or personal experience with this kind of coating? They didn't give me the product name that they use, kind of like it was a secret.
5 REPLIES 5

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Could be like the "fancy" wax job you can buy when new. We have gotten it on the last 3 new cars and present motorhome. The car and motorhome are now closing in on 8 & 6 years respectively and the protection is just about gone. Did work great for over 5 years. YMMV, oh and none of ours required "annual" maintenance only washes.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another scam. Buy a can of Nu-Finish, Simonize Ice or Rejex. Put it on yourself once a year and get the same thing. It's a polymer coating not a wax and will be the same thing. Do you think that at $250.00 for the "maintenance" it won't get re-coated? So you give them $800.00 up front for what? Then you give them another $250.00 annually for what? At the end of 5 years that's $1800.00. How many professional wax jobs would that buy? What a rip-off.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
rronii wrote:
In Phoenix AZ there is a company who advertises an exterior coating for RV'S,Trailers etc. (fiberglass) that never has to be waxed again. They say they completely remove all stains from the fiberglass coating then apply their special coating. I have seen before and after photos and there seems to be a tremendous difference. The after looks like a brand new surface. It looks amazing. The cost for my 33' coach was right at between $700and $800. They gave me an approximate estimate but said they really needed to see the coach. Also I was told it should be gone over every year for a cost of about $250. Anyone have any info or personal experience with this kind of coating? They didn't give me the product name that they use, kind of like it was a secret.

If it never needs waxed again, what do they do every year for $250?
What is the name of the company offering the coating service?

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your rv is in good shape, just keep it waxed on an annual basis. The once a year for $250 is about what a good wax job should cost if you have someone do it.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Rascally_Road_W
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds like some type of Poli-Glow or vertglas product, the price seems to be right for this kind of service. The problem with this sort of product is that it does need to be refinished at least once a year... a problem that many people don't mind doing. Yes, the results are stunning, but again, it needs to be maintained.

You'e saying that they will take care of the upkeep every year for $250, that's not a bad deal at all.