cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Firestone Work-Rite

CrowsnestGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used these? Are they just as good as timbrin?
I can get the Work-Rite local but if I want the timbren's I have to get them off ebay for about 75 bucks more.

Thanks
2013 F-150 Ecoboost SuperCrew Max Tow
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD
1995 Security C10 Timberline TC
Kipor IG2000p
The Wife, Myself, a fly rod and the Rocky Mountains....life is great B-)
8 REPLIES 8

CrowsnestGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RWDIII wrote:
Yes I run them and like them.
With the camper they swayed a bit,so also use Monroe load levelers.

Just a quick question on your install. After using all my spacers there is about a 1-1/2" space between the bumper and the axle. Did you have the same space or less? Also I had to turn my brackets side ways in order for the bumpers to meet square on the axle and I thought that was weird as the instructions said otherwise.

TIA
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD
Kipor IG2000p

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
CrowsnestGuy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
CrowsnestGuy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Get a truck you don't need to apply band aids on.

Lol. That was a positive response. Maybe we should all drive 3500 trucks incase we need to haul an extra bag of groceries home or want to go tent camping, then I would have enough capacity for the lawn chairs. Really is amusing how some people just have to give there 2cents worth because someone has a smaller truck then them and have to make a comment off topic and never really give a positive response to the question.
Maybe if you have no real input to the question then you should not reply?

That was a positive input!

I tried the bandaid approach with a truck that was not up to the task and towing a trailer I rolled over in Portland.

I see this all the time...I have a truck, I just bought a RV that my truck can't handle in stock condition so I will apply some bandaids and all will be well.

I could have put air bags and 19.5's on my 98 2500 RAM 4x4 and towed our new Mobile Suites, the truck had the power to do it but not the mass!

So maybe some of my "no real input" will make someone think and save them from some of what I went thru with a truck that was not up to the task!

I want to apologize for the harshness of my comments but I see this so often on RV.net were someone asked for help or an opinion on a product and the response always seems to be get a bigger truck or Honda generator.

My truck is more then capable to pull my trailer and I am well within my limits, and yes I do have some sag due to a improper weight distribution hitch that I am working with Blue Ox on, but I actually want the Work-Rite stops for all the times the wife makes me go get rocks and gravel and topsoil for our large yard that she makes beautiful every year.

Happy Camping!

No problem! I should have elaborated more in my first response.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

CrowsnestGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
CrowsnestGuy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Lol. That was a positive response. Maybe we should all drive 3500 trucks incase we need to haul an extra bag of groceries home or want to go tent camping, then I would have enough capacity for the lawn chairs. Really is amusing how some people just have to give there 2cents worth because someone has a smaller truck then them and have to make a comment off topic and never really give a positive response to the question.

I tried the bandaid approach with a truck that was not up to the task and towing a trailer I rolled over in Portland.

I see this all the time...I have a truck, I just bought a RV that my truck can't handle in stock condition so I will apply some bandaids and all will be well.

I could have put air bags and 19.5's on my 98 2500 RAM 4x4 and towed our new Mobile Suites, the truck had the power to do it but not the mass!

So maybe some of my "no real input" will make someone think and save them from some of what I went thru with a truck that was not up to the task!

I want to apologize for the harshness of my comments but I see this so often on RV.net were someone asked for help or an opinion on a product and the response always seems to be get a bigger truck or Honda generator.

My truck is more then capable to pull my trailer and I am well within my limits, and yes I do have some sag due to a improper weight distribution hitch that I am working with Blue Ox on, but I actually want the Work-Rite stops for all the times the wife makes me go get rocks and gravel and topsoil for our large yard that she makes beautiful every year.

Happy Camping!
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD
Kipor IG2000p

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
CrowsnestGuy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

CrowsnestGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RWDIII wrote:

Thank you.
Think I will get the Work-Rite.
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD
Kipor IG2000p

CrowsnestGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2007 Chevrolet 2500HD
Kipor IG2000p

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200