cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free public domain audiobooks

DonPd
Explorer
Explorer
I have download a couple of books from here.

https://librivox.org/

If I travel in my truck I burn the books to CD's but if in the car I can use a flash drive. It makes the travel time pass quicker.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, Automatic, Quad Cab, Shortbed.
2006 34' Mountaineer 328RLS, 5th Wheel Trailer.
5 REPLIES 5

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't tried audio books yet, but I have multiple podcasts that I subscribe to. This has been a favorite use of exercise or drive time for about 10 years.

And since my vehicles typically have lacked an easy way to play them from my phone/tablet, I use a portable Bluetooth speaker.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
I subribed to an ad supported (I do not pay) service that sends me over half a dozen Kindle Titles every day,, Usually 3 or 4 are FREE on that day to download.
)>

can you name the service
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I subribed to an ad supported (I do not pay) service that sends me over half a dozen Kindle Titles every day,, Usually 3 or 4 are FREE on that day to download.

So many books.. So little time.. (This is reading)

I generally do not like audio books less I am on a long drive. But sometimes I will listen to a book I have read.. Epically if the author is reading it.. But then I know a few good author/readers too (Try S P Somtow if you like his books, Man reads real good. Epically in front of a live audience)>
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Overdrive is great. We checkout audio books from the library for every trip.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Great hint! I can download free books directly to my Kindle from my public library's website using Overdrive. I did have to go to the library and get a library card to access the site. I can download available books and put books on hold. When the copy becomes available, I get an email notification.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi