cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frustrated with different Coach-net plans

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of renewing my Coach-net service and they offer 3 different plans. I looked everywhere on their website but they never explain the differences between them. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have a travel trailer and 3 vehicles so I'm looking for emergency service for myself, wife and 2 teens. Here are my choices:

Basic
1 Year ($79.00)
3 Years ($223.00) - Save $14.00
Premier Coach
1 Year ($149.00)
3 Years ($447.00)
Premier Towable
1 Year ($129.00)
3 Years ($387.00)

Anyone know the difference between Premier Coach and Premier Towable?
2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi, Crewcab, 4x4, 4.10
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
19 REPLIES 19

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
CALL them, mine is something like Basic and it does not cover any vehicles except those ATTACHECD to the RV. Towable is trailers and fivers I would think and Coach is Motorhomes. ASK if it will cover like AAA for your car if it is not attached to the trailer or coach etc. ALSO I am not sure it will cover more than ONE vehicle like truck or car and then if towable membership it will also cover the towable trailer etc. ASK them very specific questions. LET US KNOW.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks like they have revised their product packages and costs since we originally became members We will have to re-evaluate when our time comes to renew. It looks like there has been a significant increase in price.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree they should update their website. However, if you have the notice they send saying it's time to renew, the backside of the renewal notice explains the differences. I just renewed yesterday and it was on my renewal notice.

There are additional benefits between Basic and Premier, such as

Up to $2,000 reimbursement for automobile rental, food and lodging made necessary by the disablement of your RV due to a collision more than 100 miles from your home.

Emergency medical evacuation. if you experience a medical emergency while traveling 100 miles or more away from home or in another country, Assist America connects you to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and other services.

There's other things, like vet assistance (for pets), and other things, such as rental car discounts, insurance discounts etc... Granted, some of these things may or may not be of benefit to you, based on individual circumstances.. Just pointing out that there is more than just towing/Road Side assistance with the Premier package.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
chesterb wrote:
Ok I called Coach-net and got the difference with the plans. Hopefully this will help someone else when they renew. Since we have a travel trailer we can choose between Basic and Premier Towable. Basic offers unlimited roadside assistance but just the travel trailer and tow vehicle. If we aren't pulling something or if I'm driving my wife's Prius then I'm not covered with Basic. Premier Towable basically offers the same benefits but covers all our vehicles. Premier Coach covers motor homes, travel trailers, the whole works. I hope this helps other forum members.

Thanks for the update. They need to redo their website so that's clear to existing and potential customers!!!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I called Coach-net and got the difference with the plans. Hopefully this will help someone else when they renew. Since we have a travel trailer we can choose between Basic and Premier Towable. Basic offers unlimited roadside assistance but just the travel trailer and tow vehicle. If we aren't pulling something or if I'm driving my wife's Prius then I'm not covered with Basic. Premier Towable basically offers the same benefits but covers all our vehicles. Premier Coach covers motor homes, travel trailers, the whole works. I hope this helps other forum members.

isa
Explorer
Explorer
I had Coachnet for 16 years. Last December when I went to renew my 3 year Gold package I found that it was not available. I had two choices, one that covered only the motorhome or the premium package with all the bells and whistles. I elected to go with GoodSam, cheaper and covers all my vehicles.

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
I agree pnichols. There's nothing on the coach-net website that explains anything about the difference in their plans. I will have to call them to find out. I think it's a bit deceiving to send me a link to re-up with them and provide 3 different choices with no explanation as to what I'm signing up for. I thought someone here may have gone through this previously which is why I posted here and to get any advice someone might have.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm been a Coach-Net Premier Coach member for a few years now. I'm glad that I checked into this discussion, as it looks like they've radically changed their business model!

My renewal is due this summer. I wonder if they're going to try and up-sell me into one of their fancy new and more expensive "insurance schemes" when all I want is their same good old superb emergency road service with long towing distances, on-site tire changes using my spare, etc., etc..

Sometimes I wish companies would just leave things alone and if they started out offering a superb product or service years ago ... merely keep it up unchanged for years and years into the future ... unchanged except for reasonable price increases to account for inflation if and when there is any. :M
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Coachnet - not GS and the site from your link is currently being worked on. When I looked yesterday, the site did not list the memberships like they were when we purchased. There was no separate towable or motorized choice. There were choices based on the type of services you wanted included. I also had a bookmarked link for member log-in that no longer works.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I don't have coach net
Keep thinking I'll get it, but I haven't Yet

Opportunity knocks.....while you're still "thinking" -

Not to rain on any Motor Club - often they all use the same contract providers in any give area, however -

Check out the benefits of - US Rider

*NO* hay burner (horse/s) ownership required, or being transported.
Tow whatever you have - *you* need only be present.
Not that it matters if you don't have horses - but they are the *only* Motor Club that will tow a (horse) trailer with live animals inside.

Read through the "FAQ" list - especially the wait time question and answer. (Pretty tough to beat - the "option" to a long wait!)

Inexpensive alternative to all of 'em, as a primary or backup:
American Motorcyclist Assoc. - the "AMA".

About $50 per year, *NO* motorcycle ownership req'd, or M/Cs being transported. Tow whatever you have.
Includes a monthly mag - to read or give to one of your cronies.

Only negative is towing limited to 35 miles.
You must have your annual membership auto deducted from a CC.

Due to some unusual questions, I had talked to both by phone.
Outstanding service from each!

The Operations Manager of US Rider, besides our phone conversation, sent written confirmation of the coverage I was asking about both by snail mail and e-mail.

At the AMA - the lady handling my "unusual" question regarding HDT tow vehicles, even gave me the number for the "parent" Motor Club which provides their service.
(Try to get the others to do that!!)

:C

Community Alumni
Not applicable
You need to look again it is posted there

Coach Net Home

jimR

GSRoadsideAssis
Explorer
Explorer
Hello doxiemom11,

Thank you for your post. I'll be happy to look that up for you and send you a private message with that information.

Thanks,

David

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder what membership we have. I purchased a 3 yr membership in 2015 and my card just says roadside assistance. It doesn't specify basic, gold, premier, motorized, towable or anything else to qualify the type of benefit. Wonder what I have?

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do have Coach-net and have had them for years.

Since you have a travel trailer "TOWABLE" then the category you want to be in is the TOWABLE.

I have a motorhome and therefore am in the COACH grouping.

Both will cover your other vehicles.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi