cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator question

Steve_911
Explorer
Explorer
Probably been asked many times, but, will a 1350 a/c unit run using a Honda 2000 gen?
Thanks in advance
23 REPLIES 23

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Here and there you will hear someone say they are doing it and it then gets into hard start capacitors etc. I run my 13,500 on a Honda eu3000si and it does fine. My coachmen owners manual said use 4,000 watt gen. They are giving more cushion as people do when they say get an inverter that is bigger than you need so you are running it at a lower point in it's operating range. You know, so it's not flat pedaled all the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to the data sheet that came with my 13.5A/C (a Coleman Mach 3 on a 2007 Nash 26X trailer) it draws 1,560W on standard and 1,960 on high. I just got the trailer and haven't tried it on my Honda's yet, but I don't think one of them will do it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
I had a carb issue on my eu2K, pulled it apart and set up on my trailer for a test run. Let them for a couple of hours just to check while I was in the house. AC was running pretty well. One of them ran out of fuel before the other and I didn't catch it. The other one was tripped on OL when I got out there. Put fuel in the empty one and restarted all. Everything came on just fine. You need 2 to run the AC.

My trailer has a pair of 13.5K AC's but there was only 1 running and nothing else.

I have ran a Coleman 13.5AC in an old KZ for an entire weekend on a single EU2K

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not for long. That's working a 2kw pretty hard.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Run it? Probably. START it? Probably not. And if it doesn't start the A/C...
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Borderline!
If your converter has charged the batteries and very little load, it may start it. Make sure that it is not started under load. That is the AC is off, genset started, warmed up.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I've read that it can be done, but no guarantees. I'd find a friend that has one and try it.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
tvman44 wrote:
You are asking for a lot out of a 2000 watt ginny. ๐Ÿ™‚ Some claim they do it, but I would not count on it.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
You are asking for a lot out of a 2000 watt ginny. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'