cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genny sale Sams club

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Was just looking at a sale coming up on November 10 for Sam's members. An off brand 1000 watt inverter generator. Sportsman 1000 for $149.
Ad scans available at
www.blackfriday.com
or
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=one-day-event-catalog&xid=hdr:promo:oneday
11 REPLIES 11

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick story about a Harbor Freight 800/900W generator.
I purchased one about seven-eight years ago, used a few times for small jobs, but for $88 I thought it was OK.
About five years ago we had a huge ice storm and lost power for a week. I have a 6500/5500W that I used to keep my house stuff going.
My mom who was 89 at that time lost her power but would not leave her home to stay with me or my sisters. SO……I took the “Mighty 800” to her house. Plugged in the refrigerator, a lamp in the living room, a lamp in her bedroom and hooked up her TV. So she was happy.
Every morning I would stop by and check and fill with gas (it would run about 10 hours on a fill). Anyway, on the second morning she asked “Can that thing make me some coffee?” I told her I didn’t know but would give it a try. I checked her coffee maker and it said 1100W, I thought it was a bit much but decided to give it a try. I unplugged everything, plugged in the coffee maker….when I hit the start button you could hear the Mighty 800 rpms speed up and it was really working hard. After about five minutes, coffee was done. I turned off the coffee maker, plugged the rest of the stuff in plus she had plugged in her power lift chair herself so she was good. For the next five mornings we made coffee!

After the power returned she said “I want my own generator” so, she has a 3500/4000W generator in her garage, never used except for about every 90 days I start and let it run for half an hour.

Folks, I got my money out of that little $88 generator, and still have it and still start it every few months. I guess sometimes you get a good one!

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one of the Sportsman 1000W generators this summer and it is a good little generator. It has a .5 gallon tank that will run 6 hours. I've got 100 hours on it now, so if 1000w all you need go for it.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
When buying generators, you definitely get what you pay for. My nephew had 3 of the $150 1000 watt generators. Every one of them died within a month. He eventually was given a refund and he bought a Honda. Low cost is not always good.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
My wife loves our little 1000 watt Honda too. It powers her hot rollers, her Power Bullet for making breakfast smoothies, the blow drier on low, the rice cooker, the crock pot, even the coffee maker.

Around the house here, I use it out at the barn for charging my tractor battery, lights and a few chargers for battery powered tools. It was a lot cheaper than putting in electrical in the barn for sure. It's light weight means I actually use it compared to the other, heavier gennys I have. I use it at least twice as often as the 2.4Kw Yamaha and many times more than my large 7kw Honda.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
I’m sure it’s awesome!
One of my field engineers bought a “Yamaha” 2k generator from Costco for his camper.
Great deal ya know.
That POS won’t run his microwave. $500 blown. Well at least Costco will take it back.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
SidecarFlip wrote:
1000 watts isn't much power.

Truth. but.. it is exactly the amount I need to keep my battery charger happy (Progressive Dynamics 9180 with wizard) it draws at the most 1,000 watts. Usually less.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Online Only, Limited quantities available, No Rainchecks.......................
Better have a quick trigger finger....good luck...That's called a leader. It's not unlike the ones the nutjobs will line up for starting at 2AM outside the locked doors on the Friday after Thanksgiving. You just avoid the potential for fisticuffs. Possibly they'll also have 4 or 5 of them advertised for in store sale on 11-23. Just head on over after your Thanksgiving meal on 11-22 about 4PM and pitch a tent LOL. My mother in law will already be in line in front of you.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
OK, for slow speed battery charging but not much else.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Honda 1000w inverter generator for my truck camper when not needing to run the air conditioner. It will run everything else, including the heater fan. Much lighter and easier to haul than my larger Yamaha 2400 watt inverter generator. It will also recharge my batteries when camping cloudy and can't solar charge.

I've used it on my fishing boat to keep my trolling motor battery going for as much as 10 hours a day, for 3 days of fishing.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
1000 watts isn't much power.
x2
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad