cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting ready to pull the trigger. What do you guys think?

Guysakar
Explorer
Explorer
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/rvs/4704094587.html

This just got posted and I am thinking that it is a good deal and what I want.

I am very nervous about buying something that is going to have issues, though. Anyone know anything about this model? Any luck/bad luck with this year engine and drive train?

Is it a good deal? Seems low retail NADA is about 1-2 grand over what he/she is asking.

Anyone know what all of those numbers are at the bottom of the ad?

I want to get a consensus before I call this person, because I may just tell him I'm on my way, hit the bank, and go buy it.

Thanks for any help. Very appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
didn't the OP or somebody say that it was only 1 or 2 thousand under book value? that doesn't sound like too out of line to me, at least to wave a scam red flag. the photos are taken in a real location?
bumpy

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Go check it out. You never know it could be a spouse that passed away or got put into an assisted living, or maybe it is from an estate and the kids are selling it.

If you agree to buy it make sure they have the title and do the transaction at the bank.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
went back and looked at that ad and finally saw what the "scam" was. I mentally inserted an additional zero into the price and thought it was $129,000. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
THAT is the newest, classic scam ad for craigslist. BE VERY careful emailing and/or calling anything off that ad. Actually just don't do it!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
korbe wrote:
I will become cautious when I see fruit bowls, lemon-aid pitcher & glasses, and coffee cups with napkins.

I was going to say that for a owner they did an commercial level job on the staging and photography. I wondered after a quick look if the interior shots were lifted off of a brochure.

Errrrrrrr I currently tent camp AKA glamp like that......oops.
I found the all caps annoying but didn't realise it was a scam alert.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
certified106 wrote:
Tip off to Scam:
The all caps is usually one sign and the multiple phone numbers in numerous area codes is the other. I could be totally wrong though so I would try to contact them but be leary until you are standing in front of them having the discussion.

Guess I don't go on CL enough. Good info and could very well be true. Buyer beware.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
The address seems legit. If you look at the street sign, it is on the corner of Caithness Way and Citrus Parkway. Here is the link to Google street view. Appears the house matches the ad, orange.

Street view picture
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I think this is a very clever ad. There is one phone number in the ad that you have to click on the show contact info to see. That number is 1-321-352-6615. All the numbers and words at the bottom of the page are there to increase the odds a search engine will find that page.

Anyway, that phone number is for the Canadian Pharmacy. Check out this link:

Who called me

There are 4 pages of people irate at Canadian Pharmacy for calling from this phone number. How to get back at them? The Feds do nothing. But now they'll be tons of people calling them about an RV and tying up their lines.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like " 352-321-7228 IF NO ANSWER LEAVE A VOICEMAIL"
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
I will become cautious when I see fruit bowls, lemon-aid pitcher & glasses, and coffee cups with napkins.

I was going to say that for a owner they did an commercial level job on the staging and photography. I wondered after a quick look if the interior shots were lifted off of a brochure.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would rather have a 13 year newer Travato and $50,000.
bumpy

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
certified106 wrote:
Tip off to Scam:
The all caps is usually one sign and the multiple phone numbers in numerous area codes is the other. I could be totally wrong though so I would try to contact them but be leary until you are standing in front of them having the discussion.

I'd be suspicious, too- price seems too low plus same ad posted in Orlando Craigslist contains only one cell number-????
Orlando CL ad
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

korbe
Explorer
Explorer

certified106
Explorer
Explorer
Tip off to Scam:
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
Hypertech Tuner Running Stage 2
2013 Jayco 28BHS