cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good/Honest Mechanic in Phoenix Needed

kcgaz
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for recommendations for a good/honest mechanic in the Phoenix area who can diagnose and repair my 94 Suzuki Sidekick. I lent my motorhome and Sidekick to a family member to go fishing and they brought the sidekick back with what appears to be a blown motor and transmission by not putting the transaxle in neutral. Any help will be much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Dont know anything about shops up in east la, but there is a good indy shop down here in tucson they are also very reasonable in cost to deal with. I would look at autozone.com and see if they have rebuilt engines and transmissions for the vehicle and then check to see how much to replace the originals. Oriellys also sell remanuf components, but I would stick to autozone. We also have a good transmission shop down here that is reasonable in costs also.

kcgaz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the recommendations. I am trying to make the decision on whether to repair or replace. I have been checking craigslist where I found this one two years ago and haven't seen anything as good as mine. It took me months to find this one, so I am thinking I might be better off getting this one fixed. I am also wondering about options to put a different kind of engine setup in as well, so I am going to call these recommendations tomorrow and thanks.

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
2 Wrenches Automotive, N. Phoenix.
Website at 2wrenchesautomotive.com

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Repair cost may very well exceed vehicle value. Are you sure you want to repair it ? On the other hand you would have a new motor & transmission, if those need replacing, but is it really worth it.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Blackwell Automotive on 40th Street and Greenway. PM me and I will give you more info if you would like.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Look up Desert Dog in Fountain Hills.
Jerry Parr
Full-time