cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Government shut down?? *#%&(#*&

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Son who works for blm has announce that there is a good chance of government shutdown AGAIN. We are set for Arches National Park just in time for shut down AGAIN.
Will we never see this park??? I wish they would get their financial act together and figure out how to spend money wisely.

Off to figure out plan b....
13 REPLIES 13

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Opie431 wrote:
We are or were, leaving on the first to stay at a National Park. Just like we were the last time. Does that make it our fault as we must be cursed.

Goodness, Opie...you MUST stay away from ALL government facilities during the first week of October from this point forward! :B
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
We are or were, leaving on the first to stay at a National Park. Just like we were the last time. Does that make it our fault as we must be cursed.

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
Park workers got paid last time. No lost wages.
Seriously, who depends on park rangers to make or break your visit? They're nice to talk to but I rarely have much interaction with them.
If it happens, it will be another infantile temper tantrum that causes it, in addition to the hoped for political points.
Make sure you don't glance at MT RUSHMORE during the shutdown.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Phew, didn't realize this was going to go this way!? Probably should have though.

We boondock mostly anyway but sometime if not this year would be nice to see Arches, et al.
Donna

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Not to hijack the thread (although it's already going sideways), but how many others here would be personally affected by a Gov't shutdown?
It's his Super Power!

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
Count me in the "if I was a betting woman my money would be on govt shutdown not gonna happen" crowd.

Maybe I should hedge my bets and make a campground reservation starting October 1st....at a non-federal cg :B

That would cover ALLLLLLL bases, LOL!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
Count me in the "if I was a betting woman my money would be on govt shutdown not gonna happen" crowd.

Maybe I should hedge my bets and make a campground reservation starting October 1st....at a non-federal cg :B
It's his Super Power!

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
oldmattb wrote:
We live near a National Park, and literally drive through it to get groceries. During the last shutdown, the only change I noticed was a scenic dirt road chained shut. It was the first time it had been closed, holiday or not, day or night, in three years.

It struck me as a really petulant thing to do.

Matt B

Petulant is being too polite. More like the hired help being obnoxious.
Totally ridicules.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC they have to announce/warn employees of potential shut downs a certain bit of time ahead of when It actually happens.
doesn't mean it will happen.
bumpy

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
The budget year starts 1 October and there's a chance of a shutdown every year.

It doesn't seem highly likely this year.
It's his Super Power!

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
We live near a National Park, and literally drive through it to get groceries. During the last shutdown, the only change I noticed was a scenic dirt road chained shut. It was the first time it had been closed, holiday or not, day or night, in three years.

It struck me as a really petulant thing to do.

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck on your trip... The thousands of government employees that do not get paid while the shutdown is going on also wish the overpaid Congress and Senators would not get paid ... but they will and they don't care.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
It won't happen.