cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

kired
Explorer
Explorer
Cruzette wrote:
You can use Fritos Corn chips in a pinch as a fire starter. There is so much grease in them, that they will burn :E

Cheetos burn hot as well. In fact, a Cheeto/Marchmallow pile will burn very hot with tall flames.

Before you ask, it was my cousin and wife. I was the one telling them they would wet their beds.
1 Artistic DW, 1 Charming DS, 1 Adorable DD
2004 Salem 19EX, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, Yeah it's got a HEMI ;),Honda 2000i generator.
Nights encamped: 2008-0, 2007-26, 2006-15

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."-Buckaroo Bonzai

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
Cruzette wrote:

You can use Fritos Corn chips in a pinch as a fire starter. There is so much grease in them, that they will burn

We all want to know how you learned this one!? LOL

I originally saw this idea on a Food Channel camp cooking show, but recently read it in the August publication of Trailer Life Magazine in the 10-Minutes Tech section.

Got to admit, I haven't tried this.
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

DONLYN
Explorer
Explorer
To keep food particles from going down your drain when you're chopping, peeling onions, eggs etc., place a paper towel in the sink before you start. Even when you rinse the water goes down the drain and not the peels. When you're finished just pick up and gently squeeze out the water and throw away.

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
Cruzette wrote:
You can use Fritos Corn chips in a pinch as a fire starter. There is so much grease in them, that they will burn :E

We all want to know how you learned this one!? LOL
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!

LarrynBarb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for so many great ideas.
Larry
05 Fleetwood Discovery, 39J
07 Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, 4 x 4
Blue Ox baseplate, Ready Brute Towbar w/built
in supplemental surge brake system
FMCA, Good Sam's, Golden Age Passport

Served Proudly US Army 1959 - 2006

whanner
Explorer
Explorer
Jeanne M wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

We were always having to run back to RV when checking into a RV park to get Lic. number. Presto, went to Wal-Mart and used the dog tag machine and made tags with lic# of RV, and car. Hang it on key ring so always have it.

That's a GREAT idea!! I'm usually the one that registers us at the CG and I don't always have the keys with me, so I started writing the tag numbers of our MH and TV on the discount cards for check-in...Such as Good Sam, KOA, Passport America. You have to take THEM in with you so I always have the #s with me. But I'm still gonna buy the pet tags...for DH!

Thanks for another great idea

I put mine in my cell phone in the notes section... you could also set them up as a phone number in your address book.
06' Ford F-350 Power Stroke 6.0L
07' Forest River Sierra 375 QBQ
Wife and 2 Kids

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of bump, why not include "camping" at Walmarts in the subject line....that will keep it alive forever.. ๐Ÿ™‚
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

rv-time
Explorer
Explorer
Cruzette wrote:

SERIOUSLY?!

:E
Jim & Carol's Adventures

"The Journey is the Reward"
Jim & Carol
2003 Winnebago Brave 32V

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
I went and bought boat cleats and lashing straps to use to secure the tvs while in transit. I screwed the cleats to a stud, fit the strap through the center of the two posts, cut to length, and presto-no more taking the tvs down off their shelves. in camp, nothing shows but the cleat.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

HappyTrailsRVin
Explorer
Explorer
BUMP
Alicia and Roger
Mission, TX (winter)
Travel (summer)
94' Safari Motor Home

Jeanne_M
Explorer
Explorer
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

We were always having to run back to RV when checking into a RV park to get Lic. number. Presto, went to Wal-Mart and used the dog tag machine and made tags with lic# of RV, and car. Hang it on key ring so always have it.

That's a GREAT idea!! I'm usually the one that registers us at the CG and I don't always have the keys with me, so I started writing the tag numbers of our MH and TV on the discount cards for check-in...Such as Good Sam, KOA, Passport America. You have to take THEM in with you so I always have the #s with me. But I'm still gonna buy the pet tags...for DH!

Thanks for another great idea
Jeanne & Kenny
2005 Itasca Horizon 36GD, Freightliner Evolution Chassis, Cat 350
1992 Honda Accord
And Bailey, our furry traveling companion
Good Sam, TT/Naco,PA,RPI,AOR,C2C,FMCA #F151328
Our Pictures

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
apr67 wrote:
Maybe we do it by talking about gas prices... ๐Ÿ™‚

That is a good way to get this closed! The moderator gods hate discussions about gas prices!
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, where is it located? Isn't that outside? DH mounted one of those inside next to the fridge, on the little fake drawer in front of the sink that's only big enough to hold a dish scrubber. It's really handy.
Kathy :B

Jim_Scoggins
Explorer
Explorer
I have posted this before:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z22/jim_scoggins/DSC01149.jpg
Regards,
Jim Scoggins
1995 Prevost Liberty