cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
DannyMarina wrote:
I loved the idea about using plexiglass inserts for the screen door...especially with the Fall comming. How do you cut the plexigall cleanly though...when I try, it just breaks or makes really jaggerd edges. Any help from those that have done this mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ๐Ÿ™‚

If you cant get the store to cut it, just lay a metal edge along the line you're cutting, and run a razor knife down it a few times lightly. After a few times, you should have a nice groove to start applying more pressure.

You'll only have to do this for a few minutes running the razor knife down the line, and eventually it'll cut through the entire piece of plexi.

Good Luck

Pat
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

Greebo
Explorer
Explorer
We use a long carpet runner in our MH and it was continually creeping to the back. I tied a clamp like this under the drivers seat where it is not visible and clamp the edge of one end of the carpet. It still wrinkles a little but I don't have to keep chasing it.
Will
KI4AR

2004 Newmar Dutch Star 3812 DP

campingrandma
Explorer
Explorer
Measure the size of plexiglass you need then have it cut to size. Most any big-box home improvement store will cut it for you. They may charge you a buck or two, but it is cheaper than wasting a sheet of plexiglass.

DannyMarina
Explorer
Explorer
I loved the idea about using plexiglass inserts for the screen door...especially with the Fall comming. How do you cut the plexigall cleanly though...when I try, it just breaks or makes really jaggerd edges. Any help from those that have done this mod would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance! ๐Ÿ™‚

blkfe
Explorer
Explorer
By far the best investment for me was a Little Buddy Heater.
Saves the Battery when dry camping. Works Great!
If I had to do it again I would get the Big Buddy. 18,000 btu max vs. 9,000 btu max.
Brad

whanner
Explorer
Explorer
I finally came up with a great bike rack!
http://www.dfw-sites.com/rv_bike_rack.htm
๐Ÿ™‚
06' Ford F-350 Power Stroke 6.0L
07' Forest River Sierra 375 QBQ
Wife and 2 Kids

missruth
Explorer
Explorer
This thread has been most enlightening. It also makes me want to hitch the PUP to the TV and head out to my favorite CG. The only thing that stops me is not being able to breathe when I walk out the door. Temps yesterday were over 100 with matching humidity.
But, I am counting the days (76) until we head for AMS in Oct. for the NASCAR race and a space in the Family Popup/Tent section of the CG there. There are no hookups so some of the ideas have been most helpful.
Thanks to all of you that have shared.
Ruth and Jim
'01 Ford F150

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip, we_rv, I'll mark that off my list and keep the one I'm using.
Kathy :B

we_rv
Explorer
Explorer
Scrapz wrote:
I'm still considering the flat colander. When they were first offered on tv, there were 2 in an order. Walmart has them individually now.

They work fairly well, but they do tend to tip or collapse when you pour food in. There is nothing firm to hold them upright.

we_rv
Explorer
Explorer
Doug and Cassi Glass wrote:
Use dampened Bounce fabric softener sheets to get bugs off the front end.

Wow! How did you ever come up with that? We'll have to try it.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Time for a bump again.

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
Cakepa, ours fit the same way, but they don't slide down over the big part because it's too tight of a fit. So we just remove them and lay them in the bay.

I guess we could make shorter ones too, and then the doors would be parallel with the ground could be used as a table.
Kathy :B

wtc88c
Explorer
Explorer
Just subscribing as was suggested a page or two back.....
Bill and Debbie
Two huskies, Mysti and Zhivago
2007 Rockwood 8315SS Signature UltraLite
2005 Z-71 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 3.42
Hensley Arrow

everymilesamemo
Explorer
Explorer
jiga20001 wrote:
Jim Scoggins wrote:

There was one here that troubled me a little bit.
It was the one about clothes pins on the gutters to prevent black streaks.
Now the idea is great. It was the comment that they USUALLY stay on during travel.
It only concerns me because I am a biker.
And the last thing I want when I am doing 70 mph on the highway
is a clothes pin popping off an rv and hitting me in the face.
Just food for thought.
Awesome thread though.
JEFF

Hey Jeff, being as I was just rolling down the road and took a June Bug to the throat, I'll be sure to remove my clothes pins from the gutter spouts from now on!!

Never thought about that before, and glad you mentioned it.

Pat
Every Miles A Memory

Photo's of our Travels
When we realize our insignificance in this world,
it some how relieves the pressures from society to succeed
- Cindy Bonish

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
bump