cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

MrWizard
lookinin wrote:
welsteach wrote:
Okay, now tell me its name and where you got that handy little pump. My hubby hates the electric pump we have.

Here's the link to the pump's manufacturer. Once you have that info you can probably call around to auto parts or marine supply stores. It's also commonly used to pump water out of boat holds or transfer liquids in the auto biz.

http://www.wolfcraft.com/product_detail.cfm?id=24

I bought mine a few years ago at Canadian Tire in where else? Canada. However, NAPA or similar companies should be able to track it down for you. It works great. Happy hunting.

Cheers,
Kevin:C

Drill powered pump
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

franknsandy
Explorer
Explorer
The doggy (baby diaper)bags that I get from Dollar Tree are kind of a pinkish orange color and have handles for easy tying. They are also vanilla scented.
You can see thru them if you look hard enough though. ๐Ÿ™‚
Frank
Frank n Sandy
USN-Retired
96 Dolphin Diesel / 2002 Saturn
Fulltiming since 2004

lookinin
Explorer
Explorer
berkleyebony wrote:
We have a fiver and I can never remember the hieght when pulling into gas stations. I measured the hieght and used a small label maker. I then placed it on the dashboard. I just have to glance down when ever I am not sure and don't have to worry about losing the top of my fiver. Also wanted to caution about the 3m command hooks. The walls of the trailers are made of a laminated board. We had a couple of hooks pull the top coat (like wallpaper) off and it left a big bubble. Luckily it didn't tear and I could repair it. Just a word of caution.

=================================================
Yep, I concur. When in doubt, check it out. Otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEzqK_Ezd0&feature=player_embedded

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
On the road again...

lookinin
Explorer
Explorer
welsteach wrote:
Okay, now tell me its name and where you got that handy little pump. My hubby hates the electric pump we have.

Here's the link to the pump's manufacturer. Once you have that info you can probably call around to auto parts or marine supply stores. It's also commonly used to pump water out of boat holds or transfer liquids in the auto biz.

http://www.wolfcraft.com/product_detail.cfm?id=24

I bought mine a few years ago at Canadian Tire in where else? Canada. However, NAPA or similar companies should be able to track it down for you. It works great. Happy hunting.

Cheers,
Kevin:C
On the road again...

moonchild
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small size dog and use the plastic bag that our newspaper comes in. It's long and slips up over my arm in case I have to reach in to poisen ivy to clean up after my dog. He doesn't like to go out in the open where someone can see him!!!

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
We use the cloth tube thing also at home and in the 5er. But soon there will no longer be any plastic grocery bags as the stores go green. Then we get the privilege of being forced to buy chinese made cloth bags to bring home our purchases.
Tvov wrote:
franknsandy wrote:
Made it to page 86, Need to submit input.
Cheap doggie bags.
Dollar Tree has Baby Diaper Bags. A box of 100 for a dollar. They are in the Baby Item Area. They are great for doggie bags (small dogs please).
Frank

Hmm... Have to look for those.

We use the plastic grocery bags from the grocery store. They are lightweight and you want to check that they are not split open anywhere. Usually carry two at a time when going for walks with the dog, with part of them hanging out of our pockets so that other people can see that we have doggy bags with us.

We have a homemade hanging cloth tube thingy that we fill from the top with the plastic grocery bags, and pull one at a time out from the bottom (this may have been posted somewhere in this thread already!). We use them for camper kitchen garbage, and hang one on near the grill for garbage while we are cooking.

One minor problem we are running into now is that so many grocery stores are pushing the "reusable" grocery bags, we can run low on them. Sometimes we have to ask for the plastic bags.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
franknsandy wrote:
Cheap doggie bags.
Dollar Tree has Baby Diaper Bags. A box of 100 for a dollar. They are in the Baby Item Area.

We use the plastic grocery bags from the grocery store.

I get bags from Dollarama (in Canada - there must be an equivilant in the US) - pet section. They are a good size even for big dogs, are brown so you don't have to see whats in the bag ๐Ÿ˜‰ and have a nice vanilla smell (before they are filled!), and have handles that make it easy to tie off and then carry. There are 60 in a bag for $1.00.

Laura
Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures / A dog's perspective: Spike's Journal

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
crazyoldcoot wrote:
lasparrot wrote:
I wired a piece of wire mesh under the step of our 5th wheel. It doesn't keep the stairs from closing, but makes a nice shelf for keeping shoes, bug spray etc. handy but off the ground. Easy and cheap!

Sounds interesting. Could we see a picture?

I'll get a photo as soon as the camper is back from the shop getting fixed for water leaks and delamination ๐Ÿ˜ž
Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures / A dog's perspective: Spike's Journal

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
franknsandy wrote:
Made it to page 86, Need to submit input.
Cheap doggie bags.
Dollar Tree has Baby Diaper Bags. A box of 100 for a dollar. They are in the Baby Item Area. They are great for doggie bags (small dogs please).
Frank

Hmm... Have to look for those.

We use the plastic grocery bags from the grocery store. They are lightweight and you want to check that they are not split open anywhere. Usually carry two at a time when going for walks with the dog, with part of them hanging out of our pockets so that other people can see that we have doggy bags with us.

We have a homemade hanging cloth tube thingy that we fill from the top with the plastic grocery bags, and pull one at a time out from the bottom (this may have been posted somewhere in this thread already!). We use them for camper kitchen garbage, and hang one on near the grill for garbage while we are cooking.

One minor problem we are running into now is that so many grocery stores are pushing the "reusable" grocery bags, we can run low on them. Sometimes we have to ask for the plastic bags.

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
great idea I used a battery pump that was for pumping oil out of a turkey fryer
Mike
2005 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel
2007 Montana 3500rl

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
lasparrot wrote:
I wired a piece of wire mesh under the step of our 5th wheel. It doesn't keep the stairs from closing, but makes a nice shelf for keeping shoes, bug spray etc. handy but off the ground. Easy and cheap!

Sounds interesting. Could we see a picture?

lookinin
Explorer
Explorer
This little pump on the end of drill transfers water in a heck of a hurry. Beats juggling 50 pound of water, getting wet shoes and doing the mosquitoe dance at the same time.

Cheers,
Kevin

On the road again...

lookinin
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
On the road again...

lookinin
Explorer
Explorer
bumpity bump

Sorry, folks. Tried to post a suggestion c/w a photo but the photo won't show up. Don't know why.
On the road again...