cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
JRscooby wrote:
Not sure I understand what you are saying.

A joke scooby... taking a fuse and place it between ground and running lights on your parked trailer, lighting the trailer up ๐Ÿ™‚

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glamping wrote:
Was thinking about this thread just the other day and realizing I hadn't seen anything new. I haven't done it yet, but I'm considering a motion-activated light near the door for when we forget to leave our porch light on. It may have to be one that we remove when we are on the road.
Does anyone have a good idea for this?

We installed a battery operated motion light From Amazon while still in Florida and it has stayed on for the trip to MI and a thousand miles since. One was installed just above the keyhole and the other in the stepwell of the DP.

It only comes on when you get close and does not stay on long. Just enough to get things unlocked.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Glamping
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
Why not just replace the coach porch light with something like MG1000-450W, 12 Volt Exterior Motion Sensor RV LED Porch Utility Light, American Designed Bright RV ... while keeping the current switch. Can turn the light off as normal. Light says it can be used as both motion activated or standard porch light. Also says it wires in to the current coach wiring/battery.

Thank you.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Glamping wrote:
Was thinking about this thread just the other day and realizing I hadn't seen anything new. I haven't done it yet, but I'm considering a motion-activated light near the door for when we forget to leave our porch light on. It may have to be one that we remove when we are on the road.

Why not just replace the coach porch light with something like MG1000-450W, 12 Volt Exterior Motion Sensor RV LED Porch Utility Light, American Designed Bright RV ... while keeping the current switch. Can turn the light off as normal. Light says it can be used as both motion activated or standard porch light. Also says it wires in to the current coach wiring/battery.
I love me some land yachting

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We hang suction cup hooks on the outside for hanging bathing suits and towels.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Glamping
Explorer
Explorer

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpety-Bump in preparedness for Mother Nature's Fall Gloriousness camping trips & subsequent winterizations.
Don't want to accept that this Hints-Gadgets-Products-Gizmos thread dried up and died. Surely somebody, somewhere, has something new to ad.

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Lots smaller trailer but I use a tractor with a front end loader with a custom made frame with trailer ball instead of a bucket to move my trailer around in tight places. Much more useful for me to have around for other uses than a forklift. Most forklifts are only good on hard surfaces. A tractor does better on grass and uneven ground. Problem will be the size tractor you will need with a 2K pin weight. My tractor can only do 1K.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
lampooner wrote:
They make battery operated devices for moving conventional trailer around like you want. Someone may one for 5th wheels. Do a search on internet.

Well aware of all of 'em!..:W

"Closest" to being adequate for a 10K 5th wheel (with 2K pin wt) is
a Parkit 360 at $4K. (Based in Canada - no USA dealers)

At $4K - Easy to see why a used forklift is a bargain.
(Which is what dealers & repair facilities use).

BTW - in my TT days I owned a mover. OK for paved flat ground. Not even in the ballpark for a 5th.

Just hoped someone with a forklift might chime in with likes/dislikes, etc...:W

~

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
They make battery operated devices for moving conventional trailer around like you want. Someone may one for 5th wheels. Do a search on internet.
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Keep those "HHGP&G" coming!

Impossible to keep up with all the "good stuff" and ideas - so if you think it's nothing new - post it anyway.

Anybody use a forklift to move (maneuver) their 5th wheel into tight parking space at their home?

Or other alternatives?..:@

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm thinking the "Handy" part of the title applies to this!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Gadgets and Gizmos" is more of a rant thread about which things you've bought that you regret, because they didn't work like they were supposed to.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
tomatodog wrote:
what are the titles of the newer ones?

"Gadgets & Gizmos" - this forum.

tomatodog
Explorer
Explorer
what are the titles of the newer ones?