cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone ever had this problem.....

bobsue2
Explorer
Explorer
BIL bought new TT few months ago...went camping at a state park..everything worked fine other than the tanks filled up quite fast...this past weekend we're camping with them at full hook up sites...he drains his tanks completely then fills them back up using a 2 gal bucket...tanks are supposed to hold 42 gal ea...he could only get 26 gal ea....?????
2013 Key Largo
12 MegaCab 3500 DRW 4x4 18k Superslide 19.5 Michelin LDX-2
21 REPLIES 21

WTTCS
Explorer
Explorer
I gotta ask........why refill them after draining?
1997 chev crew cab 454, 5 sp. 4.10

bobsue2
Explorer
Explorer
Gauges have nothing to do with it...he filled black tank until water was almost coming into commode...gray tank he filled until it started filling the shower pan....
2013 Key Largo
12 MegaCab 3500 DRW 4x4 18k Superslide 19.5 Michelin LDX-2

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
The gauges are typically marked in 1/3 increments. So, with a 42 gallon tank, 15 gallons would move it past 1/3 full to 2/3s full. 29 gallons would move the gauge past 2/3 full to full. In the case of your BIL, maybe the tank didn't empty out completely (TP, poop, etc), accounting for the 3 gallon difference. But, I believe, when he hit 26 gallons of added water, he still had about 13 gallons of space left. I could be wrong, but that is my experience with the two tts I have owned.

I find it much better to be warned before I am full than after...
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Javi1
Explorer
Explorer
Some trailers have two separate gray water tanks one for the galley and another for the bath. My Passport has two thirty gallon tanks (paperwork says 60 gal) and the DW can fill the bath one in a couple of showers. We have a 35 gallon tote tank so I just make trips to the dump station, got to keep the DW happy.
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2015 Ford F-350XL 6.7 CC, DRW, RWD
(Finally enough tow vehicle 14,000 GVWR 6062 payload)

TomHaycraft
Explorer
Explorer
By "full," is this based on the gauge, or water no longer draining?

If based on gauge, notoriously error prone, I don't look at mine. Only time wife and I have filled bathroom gray tank (water standing in shower stall) was after 6 showers when not watchful on duration of showers. Have never filled black or galley gray tank during these 3-day trips. For the week of Spring Break, we will dump tanks middle of the week and again before heading out.

If water no longer draining into the tank ... hopefully others can help!
2013 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax/Allison - CC, long bed, SRW, 2WD
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS - TST 507 TPMS

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
99% of the gauges are wrong,

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
We're the tanks actually full or was it just that the gauges said they were full?