cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you ever, or would you ever ....

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Have you or would you ever ... loan your TT/MH to a relative or a friend?

Jules
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!
80 REPLIES 80

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
peaches&cream you really are starting to show an obessive nutso ceazy side of you now ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ it is one thing to argue a point, another to start to flood a thread with quotes and more just to keep the arguing going. time for a pill and nap for you!

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." โ€“Mark Twain

Thanks for that advice, but you don't need to be so hard on yourself. You're not stupid, just a little out of touch with reality.

fatboy66
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
Great example of the ME complex. It's MY RV and I will not share it with anyone or anybody. You would think it cannot be replaced. I hope I never get that attached to a "material" object.

Seems to me you're trying to prove (hide) something w/ your "holier than thou" comments. Why don't you practice what you preach and loan a little tolerance to someone different than you?

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." โ€“Mark Twain

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?

OBI-WAN KENOBI, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
Mark Twain

โ€œNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.โ€

? Mark Twain

I hope you aren't directing that to me.

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Mark Twain

โ€œNever argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.โ€

? Mark Twain

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Well back to the original question.
Yes I have loaned my popup out a few times both to friends and family. Yes I get a bit nervous, but they are friends and family and that's important to me. If it gets totaled I'll feel hopefully bad for a while and then move on.

My TT though I don't loan out unless I'm going to deliver it to the campsite and then pick it up after. I'm not willing to do that so I don't loan it.

on second thought I would probably loan my TT out to my friend that I camp with. He's been pulling trailers longer than I have and I trust him not to wreck it. If it gets wrecked then so be it. As long as the friends and family are okay then I'm happy.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thankful for some of you who have written what I was thinking, but didn't know how to say. This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. When you have a lot of cash on hand, it is not a issue if someone does damage to your RV.

Yes our MH is insured, and if someone were to wreck it or do major damage, it would be covered less the deductible.

But, insurance doesn't cover when they punch a hole in the leather sofa, back into a tree and scratch down the side of the rig, or screw up the plumbing. That is all stuff I would be left to deal with ... and then I have to go through the process of trying to get them to reimburse me for the costs ... not including the anger I would be feeling.

My Mom owned a boat when I was a baby, and she said she had friends coming out of the woodwork who wanted to go out on it. But, none of them were around to pay for work that needed to be done to maintain it, etc. Once she got rid of the boat, a lot of those so called friends just seemed to drop out of sight.

I wish I had a lot of cash laying around to just ... well, if something gets broken, no biggee. Just fix it or replace it. ๐Ÿ˜›

kcmoedoe
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
PA12DRVR wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:
I have friends that think nothing of loaning me their airplane so they are more than welcome to any MH I may have.

I'm on the flip side of that: I loaned my BIL the signature airplane for an entire summer whilst his was being rebuilt. Since the airplane's worth more than 2x my most expensive RV to date, I'd probably be willing to loan any RV to that BIL or to a couple other in-laws.

Having grown up with my family and only, according to DW, having been housebroken after much effort, I wouldn't loan an RV or the airplane to my siblings.

I have access to no less than 10 airplanes ranging in value from $25,000 to $500,000. I would look funny refusing to loan a $100,000 RV to these friends.
Having "access" to 10 planes is a lot different than just borrowing one. I assume that access is either fractional ownership, club owned planes, ownership by entities where you have some professional interests etc. Doubt it is just some friends who would loan you an airplane, no questions asked. Besides, a licensed pilot has shown they at least have the basic skills to operate an airplane. A pilot more than anyone else would realize that not only do you need to know how to fly a plane, you need to be well versed in the exact plane you are flying to pilot it safely. Just because someone can drive and operate all the amenities on a car does not mean they can drive and operate all the amenities of a 45 foot diesel pusher motorhome. No different than the fact that someone may be very capable of flying a Piper Cub yet would be completely out of their skill set at the controls of a G600, yet they are both airplanes.
Also, the wear and tear on a plane is much different than the wear and tear on a motorhome. Generally planes are flown and then stored. You don't live in them, cook meals in them, have children play in and around them and generally do the things that people do when on vacation with an RV. You don't have numerous systems that an average person has never seen or used. RVs are just a unique animal. The airplane equivalent would probably be all that pilots are familiar with the control systems of a Cessna 150, but you couldn't and wouldn't expect them to have the knowledge to operate a pressurized twin flying total on instruments.
I wouldn't think twice about tossing the keys to my house or my vacation home to good friends and responsible relatives, but I wouldn't even consider tossing the keys to the motorhome to those same people. Now if one of those friends fifth motorhome was a 2014 Newell that was in the shop and the need arose for them to borrow my pusher, that becomes a special circumstance that might lead to a different decision. But loaning an RV to a friend with little no RVing experience is not in my plans.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin

Does this sound like any of those three? Sure does to me!

peaches&cream wrote:
Great example of the ME complex. It's MY RV and I will not share it with anyone or anybody. You would think it cannot be replaced. I hope I never get that attached to a "material" object.

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3 wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:
I just cannot believe the posters here do not trust friend and family enough to loan them a product that is Insured and replaceable. Maybe I trust my friends and family more than the posters.

And maybe money comes easily to you so that covering that loss with your insurance and the resultant hit on your policy premium isn't any hardship. And maybe your friends and family are financially well off enough too. Sounds that way when at least 10 of 'em own planes and such. That's fine. But don't come on here telling the rest of us that we are bad people because we want to manage our assets by not loaning out our RV's.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
What is so great is, I have many friends and just enough money. Seems to be much more than some of the posters here have.
Bye
:B

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
I just cannot believe the posters here do not trust friend and family enough to loan them a product that is Insured and replaceable. Maybe I trust my friends and family more than the posters.

And maybe money comes easily to you so that covering that loss with your insurance and the resultant hit on your policy premium isn't any hardship. And maybe your friends and family are financially well off enough too. Sounds that way when at least 10 of 'em own planes and such. That's fine. But don't come on here telling the rest of us that we are bad people because we want to manage our assets by not loaning out our RV's.