cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heated comforter on sale

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.woot.com/plus/heated-throws-and-comforters?utm_source=Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=4bd2fda44...

I don't need one but thought some folks might like this. It is a ons day sale I think. I have bought from Woot several times with good results,
8 REPLIES 8

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bucky Badger wrote:
we are in the market for something, but a lot of people seem to like the heated mattress pads....I have 5 hours to make up my mind LOL

Think about it Heat rises!
Found out about heated mattress pads in 1996, when oldest went to Collage at WSU, sorority had a dorm room on the 3rd floor of the house, mass bunk beds! Fire code required that the windows be keep open for fresh air!! Pullman, WA. can get very cold in winter! Heated mattress pads were the strong favorite!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume that any comforter or electric pad/blanket cycles ON and OFF continuously while in use. This means that the total amps used for a night's sleep would be less than the usage calculated by merely multiplying running amps times the number of hours used.

Here's a link for some 12V warmers if you don't need a full comforter and if you want to eliminate the inefficiency of the conversion that an inverter introduces - especially for camping when not on hookups:

http://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt-electric-blankets-c-90.html
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
lynndiwagon wrote:
Around 12Amps at 12VDC

Usage when the comforter is heating at maximum power will be higher, probably about 20A.

Average usage will depend on how high one sets the control for the comforter (and possibly on how cool the surroundings are if the controller is reasonably sophisticated), and 12A could be a reasonable estimate for that.

Edit: I am very, very fond of my electric blanket (in my house). A heated pad would probably work just as well, though.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I have one better than that. I married her almost 49 years ago. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
Around 12Amps at 12VDC
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
180w at 120V run of 12V inverter = ? Amps.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use something similar in our OFF-ROAD POPUP running off our low wattage PSW INVERTER when camping off the power grid.

Works great and is great to have around for us. Momabear has a smaller throw type comforter she uses sitting around the trailer watching HDTV... Perfect for taking the chill off.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Nice. Wish they were 12 volt, however.