cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herkimer Diamond KOA’s Astronomy Deluxe Cabin-NY

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
...the first Astronomy Deluxe Cabin. This exciting addition brings the stars “into” the campground with a commercial telescope and observatory included with the Deluxe Cabin.

http://koakompass.com/2013/07/08/herkimer-diamond-koas-astronomy-deluxe-cabin-sparkles/?RRID=6116768...
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doug33 wrote:
How does that telescope not get destroyed by kids?

You will have to ask the manager of the cg for that answer.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
How does that telescope not get destroyed by kids?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
That's really cool! I wonder if KOA out in Utah or Arizona will be doing something similar? I've heard upstate New York is beautiful, but with all the population to the south, east and west, I can't imagine the skies really get all that dark.

I'm in Upstste NY near the Mass/VT border. Trust me...it get plenty dark

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had some of my best night sky sessions in the mountains of NC and GA. On a mountaintop that has sufficient elevation, you can actually escape some of the light pollution. I daresay that the KOAs scope is more for enticing interest in astronomy rather than for true data gathering. Even so, I'm glad to see that they're promoting astronomy.

Magnus

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That's really cool! I wonder if KOA out in Utah or Arizona will be doing something similar? I've heard upstate New York is beautiful, but with all the population to the south, east and west, I can't imagine the skies really get all that dark.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed