cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hide a bed air mattress

Louie___Eva
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Mountaineer TT. The hide a bed has an air mattress in it ( which I have always hated, the 2nd time we used it, there was a hole in it ). I have just been putting an air mattress on top of it, and its a real pain. Does anyone know where I can find the replacement to go in it, or a better solution?
Montana 2008 Mountaineer travel trailer 32FLD
2006 Ford F350 PSD, Lariat, CC, LB, SRW and Blue ox sway control
7 REPLIES 7

gery_L
Explorer
Explorer
I also replaced the saaaaad iruginal spring mattress in the Hide-a-bed for my 5er, and now it is a great bed to sleep on. Easy to inflate/deflate and fold away when done.
2008 '40' Dutchman Victory Lane 5th wheel Toybox
2006 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Diesel 4x4 Dually

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Air Dream mattress on our queen size hide-a-bed. It's and air mattress over a traditional innerspring sleeper mattress. Bought it at an out outlet in Elkhart the first season we had the TT and it's been trouble free ever since. Moss is correct you need to be careful when folding up the couch so the inflatable part doesn't get pinched.

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've had a Flair air hide-a-bed since the trailer was new (8 years) and while I did manage to pinch in and put a pinhole in it several years ago, it has been trouble free ever since. My Mom uses it when she visits several times a year and no issues. It's a heavier vinyl than other mattresses but you still need to pay attention when stowing it away.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
we went through 2 of the air mattresses bladders before we gave up. Also the cover came apart. So we bought this sofa sleeper 4.5" thick mattress:
http://www.wayfair.com/Eclipse-Perfection-Rest-Eclipse-Memory-Foam-Sleeper-Sofa-Mattress-AX4501-XEC1...

then we bought this to put between matress and frame:
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Home/Bed_&_Bath/Mattress_Pads/Bed_Boards...
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Louie & Eva wrote:
We have a 2008 Mountaineer TT. The hide a bed has an air mattress in it ( which I have always hated, the 2nd time we used it, there was a hole in it ). I have just been putting an air mattress on top of it, and its a real pain. Does anyone know where I can find the replacement to go in it, or a better solution?

We ditched the factory coil spring mattress for a Coleman air mattress too. Then bought a Sharper Image Queen size 2.5" reversible gel memory foam topper from Sams Club. I think it was about $99. Dare I say it's more comfortable than our bed at home. Being that we have a Truck Camper, another advantage is less weight. That old mattress weighed a ton. Can't imagine throwing a topper on top of that thing.

Something to note: Regarding the gel toppers, while they are nice and cool for a while, some people complain that the gel side eventually cracks and flakes off. I suspect this is due to being used every day on a regular, home bed, not in a camper that might only get used on a part time basis. Anyway, this combo has worked and is super comfy.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

luvourtoys
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a new 4.5" memory foam mattress for the pull out sofa bed in the trailer from Wal-Mart, a little pricy ($140) but our teenage son was getting tired of sleeping on that flimsy mattress. It hasn't been tried out yet so I can't say if the $$ was worth it, we'll find out this weekend!
Jennifer
Husband Dennis
2 boys 11 and 18
1 dog Joe Boxer
2007 PUMA 29-FKSS at the Lake
2005 Bass Tracker PT175

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Coleman air mattress at Walmart for about $25. There are several sizes and heavier built than the junk OEM ones. I gave up on mine after two leaks. You will also need to buy a pump. There are several types near the mattresses.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.