cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home domicile and insurance for full timing

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I just contacted a SF insur company, because that's who I'm insured with now, in FL to inquire about getting insur on everything because of using FL as my home base with a mail service. I was informed that if I plan on living in my rv full time they could not insure my rv as per a FL law...thinking now about looking back up north at SD. Has anyone had the same issue with full timing and the insur in FL??
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP
21 REPLIES 21

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Give this lady a call she is GREAT! She can answer all your questions.

Terri Lund
My Dakota Address
110 E. Center St.
Madison, SD 57042
www.mydakotaaddress.com
Phone: 605-427-5863
Fax: 605-427-9626
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Foremost routinely insures fulltimers.
-jbh-

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Overland Insurance in Queen Creek, AZ writes full timer policies for Fl residents. Call (800)677-4027 and ask for Ron Jarvie. They will do a policy with National interstate.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Full time use brings in a lot of issues and exposures many policies aren't geared to take care of. Check with Foremost Insurance, they insure full time use. There are also a few others that do so hopefully someone else will post those names.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We are moving to Idaho and while we are without a residence we are going to spend 4-6 months traveling in our TT. We need insurance on our Truck, trailer and on our household goods while they are in a storage facility.
I thought I would get a couple of quotes.
We called State Farm and they told us they could not insure our stuff in the storage facility without a residence address. The mailbox center would not work.
I called Allstate our current Ins. company and they told me the Mailbox address is fine and they would insure the goods in storage with a renters policy even without a permanent address. They did not seem to have a problem with the lack of a home address???
I don't have a copy of the coverage yet we will see if what the agent said is true.

jesseannie

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Agree it's not FL, it's SF... find a different insurance company.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

JoeGood988
Explorer
Explorer
It's not Florida, it's the insurance companies. Major insurance companies will not insure your RV if you no longer own a home. It's attached to your homeowners policy...State Farm, American Family etc. So now you have to go with a company who deal in RV's only. Florida, Texas and South Dakota are great states to claim as a home state for full timing
2003 3330 Jayco Legacy