cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are others facing issues with the Coronavirus?

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wondering what issues we are all experiencing. Being a snow bird in Az. and wanting to return back to home in Tn. We decided to stay in place for the time being. Being retired from the military, we unusually stay on military Rv parks, how ever several have locked down, were not taking in new arrivals. Has any one feeling the pinch on traveling where private RV parks are doing the same.

What are any other issues you are experiencing other than grocery stores out of a lot of escentuals.
38 REPLIES 38

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
olfarmer wrote:
For those that are traveling, be sure to wash your hands after fueling up. The fuel handles at filling stations are touched by everyone and rarely if ever sanitized!
Use gloves, disposable or otherwise. They've always been filthy with fuel.

That way, if you're using the gas station sink, you can avoid that germ factory.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
For those that are traveling, be sure to wash your hands after fueling up. The fuel handles at filling stations are touched by everyone and rarely if ever sanitized!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that the wife and I have already had it. About a month ago I had to go to the ER for a foot injury. A few days after that I got the cold form helll. All the symptoms they are talking about we had, I tried to hack a lung up for 4 days, and had over 2 weeks of wet coughing. I was forced to "shelter in place" due to my injury and am fine now. We are in southern california taking care of aging moms at present and the little senior park we live in is presently clear.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
For me the time for fear has long gone. I have ascended to discipline. Knowing this is going to be one of the toughest challenges I have ever faced. I have 2 housekeepers. They both know declared sick time is paid for by me. I am going to teach them the Taiwamese self test this week. This is the most intelligent way to handle this.

No error self disipline geezo.

They'd better come up with a vaccine soon.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Using are noggins is crucial, it's our best resource at present.

Fear and panic creates more fear and panic.
By mid summer our shock collars will be removed and normality returning.

Good day.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry I upset some of you. I guess my outlook is different than most having worked in countries where people drank water out of the same river their sewage drained into and worse. Decided not to leave NC for the time being but undecided on staying out here in the country or go to city house. Here we won't be exposed but are far from health care if we need it.....79 years old and I refuse to live in fear!!!!!!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
It only took 30 days for case #1 to spread to all of China. I did my 14 day of solitude.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I live in a high tourist area that has several campgrounds and the county closed all access to the county today for outsiders who do not own property here or are employed here. The access highways have checkpoints. Gatherings are limited to 5 or less and restaurants to carry out, drive thru, or delivery. I expect other areas will take similar measures as this crisis progresses. It must be contained as there is no preventative medicine nor any medicine to treat it with yet.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
If we expect many people not to go to work and make a wage. If we ask them to avoid all unessential travel and social contact, for the sake of older peoples health. Don't you think we, as older people should be setting the example. Some folks who are living pay chq to pay chq cant go to work. Many are young people who are really not at risk. They are paying a fairly high price for our sake. I hope there isn't a backlash towards rvers who continue to travel in spite of being asked not to. I could see them locking it down in the next week. Rving except to get home is not essential travel. They have warned everyone. Unless you plan on staying for quite a while, I would be heading out soon. Be safe.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus wrote:
Me Again wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
We rolled back in here from a race in VA on Sunday where there were over 1000 people or more, 500+ racers. We have a trip Planned to WV and so far its virus free so we may get to go. We are out here in the country well provisioned so we aren't concerned.

Let me understand this. You were with 1000 people, which some of them may have already contacted coronavirus and now you are going to WV as a possible carrier of the virus????

What part of the problem the nation is facing that you do not understand? You could actually be the individual that introduces it to WV.

And this is the crux of the problem. People think they feel fine so everything’s cool. Then they get sick. West Virginia has been waiting for carrier #1.

Dave

News just said WV has it's first case. Now in all 50 states. This afternoon we went for a ride in the golf cart around the park that has said no groups of more than 10 people please, and saw 3 or 4 afternoon parties with like 20 people attending each all grouped close together.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
We rolled back in here from a race in VA on Sunday where there were over 1000 people or more, 500+ racers. We have a trip Planned to WV and so far its virus free so we may get to go. We are out here in the country well provisioned so we aren't concerned.

Let me understand this. You were with 1000 people, which some them may have already contacted coronavirus and now you are going to WV as a possible carrier of the virus????

What part of the problem the nation is facing that you do not understand? You could actually be the individual that introduces it to WV.

And this is the crux of the problem. People think they feel fine so everything’s cool. Then they get sick. West Virginia has been waiting for carrier #1.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:

Let me understand this. You were with 1000 people, which some of them may have already contacted coronavirus and now you are going to WV as a possible carrier of the virus????

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Think back to what things were a week ago. Who knows what next week will bring.
As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."

dturm
rk911 wrote:
Branson N Tucson wrote:
Wondering what issues we are all experiencing. Being a snow bird in Az. and wanting to return back to home in Tn. We decided to stay in place for the time being. Being retired from the military, we unusually stay on military Rv parks, how ever several have locked down, were not taking in new arrivals. Has any one feeling the pinch on traveling where private RV parks are doing the same.

What are any other issues you are experiencing other than grocery stores out of a lot of escentuals.

we've got the same questions...stay put in mesa for now or head back to chicago early? i called several of the usual parks we stay at on the way home and they tell me they are open and plan to stay that way. and other than needing a few cans of soup we are provisioned well for at least the next 10-days. if we head home we'd have the support of friends and family and our own doctors (if needed). here we have neither. we want to reach a rational decision and will be watching this thread with great interest.

We're on the way back to Chicago area (northwest Indiana) early for those exact reasons. We're provisioned so the only interactions we'll need is with the gas pump and campground check-in.

The park in Birmingham texted us and said they're doing curbside check in and we prepaid with reservation, so minimal interactions there.

We just got news that the local hospital we use back home has their first case in ICU on a ventilator. Not sure we made the right decision, but we'll have more space, family, familiar doctors and home delivery of food and meds.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV