cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop neighboring campers from

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
This may sound silly, but I am currently camping and one neighbor cuts across my site while he is going and coming from his boat.

It is not that he is cutting through BUT when he does, he is within 2 feet of my camper door and within 4 feet of us sitting there talking.

I struck up a conversation with him and during this conversation asked if he would mind crossing the campsite a little further back from our camper. At that point he stormed off and said kiss my a..

Anybody have a simialr experience and if so were you able to resolve it?
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab
137 REPLIES 137

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Next time he says "Kiss my A**", kiss it with a .22.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
One good reason Homey dont play campgrounds.

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
traveylin wrote:
was not wearing shoes

Are shoes required?
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
:R

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
cmcdar wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Shot-N-Az wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
cmcdar wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Does he still cut through after you asked him to stop? He stormed off saying KMA, but wonder if he's still doing it.

Mike

Yes, he is still doing it.

There is 50 or 60 feet of mowed grass yard between my camper and the lake. There is no need to walk where he is walking. Now he is just being beligerent.

I think the closeline idea would be an easy way to "force" him to walk further away from my door and awning. Without starting an all out war.

I just want to relax and enjoy the park. We really are firendly folks and enjoy socializing. His passin so close is just creepy.

He just walks by on the way to his boat. What is the big deal? Sure he is being rude, and probably obnoxious, but how does it really hurt you? Is it really worth starting a war?

It's irritating to some people. It distracts and detracts from the experience. The guy is being an ass. Have some respect for other people's personal space. Some people just weren't raised right.

You are absolutely correct- the guy is being an ass and probably continues to cut through just to annoy. But my point remains: it is not like he is playing rap music at 2 AM! Just let it go. The RV has wheels and both parties are probably just there for a few days, not years! Is this little annoyance worth letting it ruin your whole camping week end?

Not "camp weekend" it is camping two weeks.

AGAIN, I do not mind him walking by it is just that he walks within a few feet of where we are sitting having a conversation.

It certainly is easy to tell those on here that respect peoples personal space and those that don't have a clue.

The closeline goes up today!

Sir, your inference that I am disrespectful is wrong and misguided. You have no idea who I am or how I behave. In fact, by your offering an insult to me, you are showing more disrespect than my trying to encourage you to just ignore someone else behaving badly. And then you behave badly. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
PenMan wrote:
Tell him that a fair trade for using your site is you getting the use of his boat.

That is a great idea - Ha Ha Ha

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
Tell him that a fair trade for using your site is you getting the use of his boat.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Sad situation. I think people who do things like that can only be one of two things: Ignorant or arrogant. Ignorant meaning he doesn't know common courtesy, or arrogant meaning he knows but just doesn't care. Ignorance can be fixed, arrogance usually not.

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to comment, not knowing just how this campground is set up in relation to the water. I know that when the water is one of the main draws for a camp, while it's nice to get one of the sites that's on the water, that often comes with the downside of having to put up with more traffic from those campers who weren't lucky enough to get lakeside or riverside.

I've been in a campground in the past where I didn't realize until too late that my site was on the main drag to the toilets.... talk about getting to know far too much about other folks bathroom habits! Sometimes you just have to buck up and go with the flow.
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Drop a few laxitives down his waterfill.

No... I would not do that but fun to think about anyway.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Next time he walks so close to your camper, stand completely naked at the screen door and whistle at him! I guarantee he'll NEVER cut through another campsite again!
Or while posing at the door, ask him to tell his wife you are going to be a few minutes late today, you are having trouble finding the handcuffs and blindfold.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Shot-N-Az wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
cmcdar wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Does he still cut through after you asked him to stop? He stormed off saying KMA, but wonder if he's still doing it.

Mike

There is 50 or 60 feet of mowed grass yard between my camper and the lake. There is no need to walk where he is walking. Now he is just being beligerent.

I think the closeline idea would be an easy way to "force" him to walk further away from my door and awning. Without starting an all out war.

I just want to relax and enjoy the park. We really are firendly folks and enjoy socializing. His passin so close is just creepy.

He just walks by on the way to his boat. What is the big deal? Sure he is being rude, and probably obnoxious, but how does it really hurt you? Is it really worth starting a war?

It's irritating to some people. It distracts and detracts from the experience. The guy is being an ass. Have some respect for other people's personal space. Some people just weren't raised right.

You are absolutely correct- the guy is being an ass and probably continues to cut through just to annoy. But my point remains: it is not like he is playing rap music at 2 AM! Just let it go. The RV has wheels and both parties are probably just there for a few days, not years! Is this little annoyance worth letting it ruin your whole camping week end?

Not "camp weekend" it is camping two weeks.

AGAIN, I do not mind him walking by it is just that he walks within a few feet of where we are sitting having a conversation.

It certainly is easy to tell those on here that respect peoples personal space and those that don't have a clue.

The closeline goes up today!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We go to bluegrass festivals where very often the sites are lined up & close. Everyone takes the shortest route from site to stage area which is often through somebody else's space.

Nobody cares. Chances are if the occupier is sitting outside you are in for paying a toll of a getting to know you conversation & maybe a sip of moonshine.

Regular CGs are another story. If backed onto a lakeshore I don't expect my site to extend to the water, especially if there is a good distance to it. Cutting through my site I'd expect at least a "May I?" The answer will almost always be affirmative. Kids frequently running back & forth is another matter.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
was not wearing shoes

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Shot-N-Az wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
cmcdar wrote:
Walaby wrote:

Mike