cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I Wish I Could Have Put Her On A Leash

shakyjay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just returned from a little coastal camping trip. On our last evening there a family of three pulls in next to us. Older couple with a teenager. At first I was really impressed at how the teenage boy was basically doing all the unhooking and setup of the trailer. Dad was very friendly. After setting up they left, I assume to go get some dinner. Upon their return mom put dog on a leash and walked him in an open area just across the road from our sites. I was so shocked at what transpired next I really didn't know how to react. She kept yelling at the dog to poop. If the dog walked to end of leash she would yank extremely hard on it and yell "I told you to poop". At one point she yanked him back close to her and gave him a little kick (not real hard but a kick) and yelled again for him to poop. She then started yelling at him that if he didn't poop he was going to be in trouble. Well from what I could see he already was. Eventually he did go and she did pick it up. She didn't bother praising him, actually almost acted pissed off that she now had to clean up after him. Thankfully she went back to their trailer and went inside. Fortunately they all stayed inside all night.

I couldn't help but think I wish I could put her on a leash and yank her around and tell her to poop on command and maybe even give her a kick. Lady if you are on here and read this, that is no way to train or treat a dog. I think I know why the boy was so obedient though. The more I thought about it I realized he was acting more like the scared dog than just a well behaved teenager.
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas
27 REPLIES 27

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well... If I were camped where I used to have a sticks and bricks Id have responded to her by inviting MAC to come visit me.

Mac is a real nice guy.... He would not kick a dog or a cat.

But..... Well he works for the Humane society... as an investigator.

IF he had watched that show.. I think he'd have taught here a lesson or 3.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it was her ex-husband reincarnated.....she was just punishing him.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Half the pleasure in having pets be part of the family is going on walks. Our 3 little ones are extremely good about holding till the walk.

Those of you who are thinking we are travelling and don't have time to walk the dogs, well, your destination will still be there 10 minutes later if you spend the time with your friends.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Our two dogs if they needed to go would pee or poop on command. They learned to hold it so we could get from the RV to a "Pet Area" and not have an accident on the way there.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Are you not sure you were not in an elevator?

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
oh, that is a sad situation to see. I hate to see that kind of thing. truly.
people are just rotten to the core sometimes.

you are probably right about the teenager. bet he is treated rough also.

poor doggie. you wish they all get homes, but when you see that you KNOW some people don't deserve an animal or a child for that matter.

I feel your frustration in that situation for sure. animal lover here to the max. I hate seeing that type of abuse (or any of it) for that matter.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our little dogs simply do the pee-pee dance, then I stop and park the motorhome so that we can walk the dogs. I want to say "peasy", but that would be too much like saying "awesone". I don't use those words.....:B
That lady has a lot to learn.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
amandasgramma wrote:
I know I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. That's abuse. I'd probably have started off nice and I'm sure I'd have had to deck her. Yeah, good thing I wasn't there ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž

X2 I mean REALLY, I know my dogs need a bit of a walk to loosen up, good for me too (the Walk), I would never expect a dog to poo on command!!

Just FYI, Police and security dogs are often trained to just that. It actually is a very handy command to have.

Don't want the dog stopping to go while getting the bad guy, or in the car when a long patrol is occurring. That is really not pleasant!

P.S. Kicking a dog IS animal abuse and simply, the very worst way to correct a dog.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
mlts22 wrote:
You never know... some people might just like the leash and being told to poop on command...

:@ Not my Kink!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
You never know... some people might just like the leash and being told to poop on command...

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't stay quiet when I witness abuse......animal/child/human.

I just don't tolerate it....period.

That lady would have gotten a 'shout-out' first time she did the yanking bit.

Open abuse occurs when folks turn a blind eye to it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
amandasgramma wrote:
I know I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. That's abuse. I'd probably have started off nice and I'm sure I'd have had to deck her. Yeah, good thing I wasn't there ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž

X2 I mean REALLY, I know my dogs need a bit of a walk to loosen up, good for me too (the Walk), I would never expect a dog to poo on command!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend