cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All; I'm about to venture off into the world of full time RV living. I'd sure like to spend a few months unwinding in the Gate Guard community - bank a few more $'s - while I put together my plans.
Can anyone give me some good insight and tell me how easy it is to get a gate? I'm a single fella - hard work isnt an issue!

Chime in
:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie

waywardwinds
Explorer
Explorer
can any one pm us with any info on timekeepers. we found they have a add on another web site started runninng it on 8/31/12 saying they have immediate opennings no waiting list. 135.00 a day. we read about the nda some have signed. but any info would help pm us or email would be great
thanks john and carol

waywardwinds
Explorer
Explorer
hi we have been planning on going full time for about 8 months and hope to be able to after the first of the year. been reading all we can about gate gaurds it has been very helpfull...yes i have read all 101 pages here and alot of myoldrv post.thanks for all the info.we sent a resume to site watch about 2 weeks ago but not heard back from them.(email on their web site) going to try some of the phone # we have found on some post for others.
It seems to be alot of interest in this kind of work all of a sudden.i hope we are not to late to join the band wagon.been working on getting all the equipment togaether that has been mentioned in all the blogs.but first we are making sure our coach in tip top shape.
we started out thinking 3 years then maybe 2 years now we can't wait got to go for in jan. if at all possible.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator note...if the nastiness continues the offenders will be dealt with by administration
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

loydstuts
Explorer
Explorer
That's 100% correct! I chose to do what I do for the pay offered. I'm having the time of my life!. If it ain't your cuppa tea, go get coffee somewhere and be happy, likeI am

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
We thought that Satellite phones would be the answer. So we purchased from Pleasanton, TX dealer and they did not work and I lost my $200 deposit and they have the phones back. I was led to believe that since they did not work for us that we would get our $200 back.

So be careful of whom you deal with. The dealer is very nice and I am sure good person but the company does not back him or maybe...You just be aware.
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
Folks, I am post this as a gate guard safety, be aware post, I do have limited additional info and if you want more info, please PM me, as I will NOT post anything else on this forum. This is confirmed information.

All gate guards in the area of Cotulla, Fowlerton, Freer, Artesia Wells, need to be aware that there was an act of extreme violence committed against a gate guard this past Thursday in that area. Because it is an ongoing joint state & federal investigation, law enforcement is not releasing any details. Please folks, DO NOT open your door to any foot traffic, day or night and be very aware of who and what while checking vehicle traffic. Make very sure you have your cell phone on your person and if you are in a NO SIGNAL area, work with both your company and the oil company until you have an amplifier that works and you do have cell service........It is your welfare and life that matters, NOT a few measly dollars to any company. I may post additional information as I receive and confirm it.

We were offered two higher paying jobs in these areas by other GG companies, but we decided to stay where we are even though we are making less money...just don't want to go west of Hwy 37, at least not that far. Some things are just more important than money.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Folks, I am post this as a gate guard safety, be aware post, I do have limited additional info and if you want more info, please PM me, as I will NOT post anything else on this forum. This is confirmed information.

All gate guards in the area of Cotulla, Fowlerton, Freer, Artesia Wells, need to be aware that there was an act of extreme violence committed against a gate guard this past Thursday in that area. Because it is an ongoing joint state & federal investigation, law enforcement is not releasing any details. Please folks, DO NOT open your door to any foot traffic, day or night and be very aware of who and what while checking vehicle traffic. Make very sure you have your cell phone on your person and if you are in a NO SIGNAL area, work with both your company and the oil company until you have an amplifier that works and you do have cell service........It is your welfare and life that matters, NOT a few measly dollars to any company. I may post additional information as I receive and confirm it.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like i need to get back to gate guarding. I love to have someone else cook for me. Rick's back Doctor wanted him to come back in a month. Rick told him we had to get back to Texas. Hope to leave here Sept 10th. Looking for another 5th wheel, if we find one that could slow us down some, but i hope not. See some of you soon.
Now where do we want to eat at ?

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Now I have to make shrimp for dinner.:B
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
They even stopped posting about the meals they were getting.I've lost 10 lbs already.

Well, if you need to hear about food, our rig(us included)were fed twice last week. One was a cajun shrimp boil(which included shrimp, sausage, mushrooms, potatoes, and corn on the cob) and banana pudding for dessert all cooked by one of the rig's vendors. The other meal was a catered meal(catfish, shrimp,tater tots, slaw, hushpuppies and beans with cobbler for dessert)furnished by the drilling company.
This new rig we are on has at least one big meal brought in each week.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
They even stopped posting about the meals they were getting.I've lost 10 lbs already.
That is how restrictive the NDS was and why many have left GGS. Most of the other companies have used a little common sense and have used the verbal approach, which most of us understand. The other companies now have a waiting list for employment, because most adults don't like to be threatened.....

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Ajones42
Explorer
Explorer
Don/Shar wrote:
What has happened to all the gate guards, no posts since Aug 16. We are back and setting at a gate south of Cotulla, Tx. I really enjoy the conversations on this forum, nothing bad just infomative comments.

Don,

Gate Guard Services requested all their guards to sign a very restrictive non-disclosure agreement on penalty of losing their jobs.

A large number of the blogs went away as did the postings here. Both sources of info violate the GGS NDA.

We left the employ of GGS shortly after the NDA was put in force and now work for a different company which does not have an NDA.
Fulltiming in a 2010 Puma 30RKSS
1993 Dolphin 32D -> Destroyed by hail April 2013
Gate Guards in the South Texas Pucker Brush
My Old RV
Oil Field Gate Guard Forum

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
What has happened to all the gate guards, no posts since Aug 16. We are back and setting at a gate south of Cotulla, Tx. I really enjoy the conversations on this forum, nothing bad just infomative comments.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/