cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting tidbits from RVTravel

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
A proposed campground along the California/Mexico border has stirred up interest and controversy. At least one San Diego county official is pushing for a campground in the 1,800 acre Tijuana River Valley Regional Park. Pressured by a mandate to develop affordable tourist lodging on the coast, county supervisor Greg Cox says heโ€™d like to see a campground fill that role. But U.S. Border Patrol officials arenโ€™t keen on the idea. 'Over 3,200 of the 5,300 arrests in the Imperial Beach sector occurred within the immediate vicinity of the proposed campsites. Twenty-five percent of those apprehended had prior criminal convictions in the United States and some of the illegal crossers were documented gang members,' says a letter from the patrolโ€™s sector chief.

And another article

An Oregon RV park is going to pot โ€“ or is it up in smoke? Grow Condos, an Eagle Point, Ore., company that provides completely outfitted marijuana growing 'condos' for lease, wants to branch out. Their vision? A dope-smoking friendly RV park near Lake Selmac called โ€“ what else โ€“ Smoke on the Water. Grow Condos already has a deal in the works to buy Lake Selmac Resort & RV Park, south of Grants Pass. If the deal goes through, not only would pot smoking be the order of the day, guests could purchase pot from an on-site dispensary.

Now, there's another thread going on here that talks about an untapped market for a niche RV. Sure how this Oregon RV park isn't the beginning of something like that.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
24 REPLIES 24

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Y-guy.. keep in mind the law does not allow smoking in public but a campground is private property. Just like drinking, you can have a beer in your front yard but not on the sidewalk...

RvNewbieFl
Explorer
Explorer
EV2 wrote:
Keep us posted on Oregon. Possibly a financial opportunity for a sweets shop. ??

If Oregon wasn't cold and had a beach... I would go in half on a sweets shop... lol

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
Let just say about the border with Mexico, I surfed in that area once and when I got near the border I watched from sitting on my board waiting for a wave people swimming around the end of the fence that was about 20ft in to the water, hardly a long swim. So Another RV park is a good idea but not there.

Y-Guy
Pretty sure as the law is written it's legal to smoke hippie lettuce in your RV now, but it's still illegal to smoke it in public, our outside of your RV. Not sure how this RV park will change much. It's just marketing ploy.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IDman wrote:
Would you expect any better ideas from the left coast?

This comment from a 'Coloradan'.....now that's funny no matter who you are :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
Would you expect any better ideas from the left coast?

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Keep us posted on Oregon. Possibly a financial opportunity for a sweets shop. ??

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
csamayfield55 wrote:
100.00 trailers painted like 3rd grader did it.

They call it art. ๐Ÿ˜‰

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
I personally would NEVER EVER camp that close to the border without there being a giant wall around the CG. The influx of people coming through the border is crazy around SD and theft is rampant. Not like a camper is very secure.

As far of the Oregon CG, while I have no problem with pot I can just see that place turning into another wanna be Burning man with 100.00 trailers painted like 3rd grader did it.

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
That Oregon park sounds pretty cool. Take advantage of the legality and go to town. That would be a really laid back campground for sure.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"