cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leak free water connection

hasheel
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any idea on a simple, leak water connection system. Right now there are too many things. Pressure regulator, elbow, and worn water connector.
Without geography, you're nowhere
2017 Rpod 180
07 Chevy Colorado 4X4
Equalizer
13 REPLIES 13

mitw44
Explorer
Explorer
I also carry a couple rolls of plumber's teflon tape.
2009 F 250 XLT SC 4x4 3.73 LS 5.4L V8
2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171 RBXL

DIVECOP_1
Explorer
Explorer
Also wrap the pipe threads with teflon tape. It should take care of any leaks.
2012 F 350 CC LB DRW Lariet B&W Companion OEM 2013 Open Range R417RSS 2 Vizslas Cali & Shooter

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Jagtech wrote:
I replaced my hose ends with quick-connects. Fast hookup, no leaks, and super convenient. Use the good brass ones, not the China plastics.

This is what I use too. Once installed correctly, easy to connect, never leak.

And of the brass ones, there are those that push onto a rubber grommet (you can see the rubber at the bottom of the female end) and their are those that use a rubber o-ring into the inside of the female end (harder to see). I recommend the o-ring. They hold up longer and less chance of leaking.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ncrowley wrote:
We had the same issue. After having all kinds of problems with the quick connects you buy at the hardware stores, we went with the Parker brass quick disconnects at the RV Water Filter Store. You can see then at:

RV Water Filter Store

I have found the RV Water Filter Store a great place to get quality components. They are also very helpful if you call them.

I bought 3 different length white water hoses from them. COLD weather they are flexible. I will never have to buy another hose again, QUALITY!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Several people mentioned good rubber washers. Check the amount of material / rubber on the washer. The good ones will have a wider amount of material on the washer than the cheap thin ones. I throw any thin ones away and only have the good ones with me
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing to look for is decent threads on your hoses and connections. The white hose I got from Walmart for drinking water works, but I have to be very careful screwing it on as the threads are so minimal that it will cross thread very easily -- and leak.

Elbows and connectors, get ones that have deep and sharp threads.

Many times when you see hoses laying next to each other in the store with different prices, it is very easy to just grab the cheapest one. I bet if you look at the ends, the more expensive hoses have good, deep threads in their connectors.

I've bought a bunch of screen washers for my camper's water connections. These are the washers with a screen built in. A little scary when I see the stuff that is sometimes caught in the screens - dirt, rust, jelly blob stuff...

If a connection is leaking, first thing I check is if it is cross threaded. Only after that do I check to see if I need to tighten it anymore. If still leaking, I disconnect it and check the washer - replace it if it is at all worn. Also! Does the washer fit snugly? Try a different washer. Even washers that come out of the same package can be slightly different and fit differently.

STILL leaking? Stop what you are doing, go around to the other side of the camper, call the wife to get you a beer, and spend the rest of the afternoon in a camp chair.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Jagtech wrote:
I replaced my hose ends with quick-connects. Fast hookup, no leaks, and super convenient. Use the good brass ones, not the China plastics.

x2 I use one for the campground spigot that has a bright yellow plastic band on it to reduce possibility of leaving it.
bumpy

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same issue. After having all kinds of problems with the quick connects you buy at the hardware stores, we went with the Parker brass quick disconnects at the RV Water Filter Store. You can see then at:

RV Water Filter Store

I have found the RV Water Filter Store a great place to get quality components. They are also very helpful if you call them.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Quick connects are no doubt good. QUALITY "RUBBER" washers work very well.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I always had leak problems with those cheap plastic washers from Wally Werld. I paid twice the price for some good rubber washers from my local Ace hardware store and that was the end of the hose and fitting leak problems.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good washers and a pair of Channel Locks always work for me!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
hasheel wrote:
Does anyone have any idea on a simple, leak water connection system. Right now there are too many things. Pressure regulator, elbow, and worn water connector.

try replacing the washers. that usually works for me.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle