cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lifestyle rambling

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed two new captains chairs in the class A and a recliner to replace the sofa bed. New air vents, gen set oil replacement, , check batteries, radio antenna, reset mirror adhesives, organize basement storage, treat roof membrane and general wipe down. Time to get on the road again, This summer Montana and Idaho. Toad and tires are in great shape. We will hit the Lewis and Clark trail and see some great country.
In reviewing the recent posts regarding rving there was a young couple testing the waters on how they would be received in a mature population. Last trip to Alaska we had a young family next to us at a campground on the Alaskan Highway and one of the ten year olds got a large Knee scrape. Mature folks have good first aid kits and provided unopened wrapped bandages and disinfectants.
At the Homer campground, neighbors early 30's were in a tussle over selling all and moving to Alaska as teachers or not. Suggested 1 they look at the amount of housing available, a lot, because after a winter the glass is half empty 2 Look at cost of living opposed to salaries and 3 read the last several chapters of Michener's Alaska where it describes the perils of teaching grammar and high school.

Young rv'ers 30-40 can get a lot of knowledge and help from the older folks. We are not grouchy just put up with the stories, and you could get a band aid, wrench, fuse, tow, or real time info about trails the gps puts you on that are not appropriate
3 REPLIES 3

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy meeting rv'ers both young and old in my travels. As a middle aged man with 4 rigs under my belt I have a lot of experience to offer new campers...and I try to be helpful. On the other hand you just never know when I may need somebody's help myself. Were all equal in the campground no matter our age, and there can be just as many young as old "jerks" out there waiting to ruin a trip. Im just glad to be enjoying the lifestyle with all of you who share your knowledge.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the up-grades ! They sound great, as for us older folks, I guess that's what we are here for helping others lol. I am a retired Firefighter / Paramedic and the other half is a RN. So we have the medical, and fire safety covered lol. Not full timing yet but in 2 years YEAH!! Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That's quite a ramble. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks.