cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for advice- ^&%@%# mice!!!

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
them critters got in again over the winter- I was able to get most of them with traps but some got in. I am de-winterizing and cleaning everything in the 5th wheel with bleach and carpet cleaner etc. It still smells in there making me wonder if a mouse got stuck in the vents and died. Any advice to finding or getting smell out? I've tried white vinegar, coffee grounds, candles,- you name it- Just looking for any tips- I realize if it died somewhere inaccessible- there is not much I can do.....
8 REPLIES 8

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Ozone generator works good to kill organic odors in our camper. I accidentally left a sardine in the freezer. (It fell out of a bait bag I guess and was missed when we emptied the freezer when we returned home)
Luckily we leave the fridge and freezer doors open, so the sardine had a chance to dry out instead of just molder and rot away. Still, it was a strong odor. After cleaning, I ran an ozone generator for a couple days. No more odor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CQO62W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
By the time the flies are finished, usually the Odor is also! Don't ask how i know!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pet stores sell a bottle of stuff that kills odor,I used in a boat one time it worked.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
EV2 wrote:
Anyone read the OP question? I am at a loss how any of these answers would remove the odor.

To answer the actual question asked, we had a mouse pass away in an inaccessible vent outlet in our home and repeated applications of Fabreze did totally eliminate the odor. Good luck.

Good point, I completely missed the odor part. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone read the OP question? I am at a loss how any of these answers would remove the odor.

To answer the actual question asked, we had a mouse pass away in an inaccessible vent outlet in our home and repeated applications of Fabreze did totally eliminate the odor. Good luck.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Had mice twice in past 4 years. Since then I crawled under the trailer and spray foamed with a critter foam at every gap I could find. Entry point on mine was typically at the plumbing (water & sewer) and that is where th foam really worked at plugging gaps.

No mice since; two years now.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
we lived next to a cornfield in Indiana and this what I did:

Put 100% pure peppermint oil on cotton balls in cups inside the camper- I used about 7 of these. opened the cabinet doors
plugged in an ultrasonic in the front and rear of camper

Put mothballs in Tupperware with no lid and put by tires and threw some under the camper
ultrasonic under the camper pointed up to bounce the sound waves

Aluminum foil inside fridge vents, water heater vent and any other possible entry points

I know it sounds extreme but we never had mice in the 7 years we lived there, I used this on our 2 travel trailers and the motorhome.
my opinion is you want to deter them, not set traps with peanut butter or cheese to bring them in

stallsmi
Explorer
Explorer
I've had success with mothballs placed in strategic locations.