cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love Bugs Fla Turnpike

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Heading out this afternoon to Orlando . Anybody know how the love bugs are?
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}
13 REPLIES 13

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Just two days ago running from Stuart to Jacksonville, had a bunch of love-bugs on the front. Staying at the Flamingo Lake RV park, the dew on the motorhome the next morning really helped me clean the front. Soaking them helps, thanks mother nature!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I was thinking it was usually later in the month but Im wrong this year.

Soaking is the easiest. Oscillating sprinkler set to half. Low water pressure for a few hours. Fresh wax does help.

X2 They were not too bad from Miami to Orlando but they were there. Seem much worse.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
While we don't have love bugs in the great NorthWet, we do have bugs. I use Purple Power with great results. Spray it on, let it set a bit, scrub gently with a brush and rinse it all off.
I don't know what's in it, but it sure make the task easy.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was thinking it was usually later in the month but Im wrong this year.

Soaking is the easiest. Oscillating sprinkler set to half. Low water pressure for a few hours. Fresh wax does help.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
May and Seotember, are the two problem months for love bugs in this part of South Florida. My wife just came back from Orlando and the front of her car was covered. I have tried the dryer sheets, both new and used with no success at all. We find that a kitchen sponge covered with nylon mesh and a cleaner, Spray Nine, works for us. Whatever a person uses, get them off before they dry and damage the paint. A heavy coat of car wax before the trip helps also, smear it on but don't buff it off.

I bought a couple of boxes of the Love Bug Sponge Erasers a couple of years back and they work well with a good cleaning liquid. They seem a bit rough to the feel, bot don't appear to scratch the paint. We use them for all sorts of general cleaning around the house.

http://www.lovebugeraser.com

A couple of years back we ran into swarms of love bugs on the turnpike around Yeehaw Junction, between Orlando and Stuart, where we live. Had to stop at the rest area to clean off the windshield, so I could see to drive.

joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Started seeing them here just this weekend. It looks like they will be bad here.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Louisiana I am starting to see a few, another couple of weeks and they will be bad. ๐Ÿ™‚
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

jvowell1
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember that dryer sheets works wonders on getting them off.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We had love bugs the 30th of August in NE FL. Drove down to Dunellen September 2nd and picked up several on US301 and I-75, SR40. Drove over to Palatka yesterday around 3pm and also picked up a few. We don't see as many flying around the campsites as in years past.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
They are out in La. Not real thick yet but one their way.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Just this past week I came down I-75 in FL. Seemed they were the worse around Gainesville and Ocala. Although, not as bad as some years. I could still see through the windshield.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
Too early for love bugs.

Need to tell the love bugs that. They were all over our truck yesterday while loading...UGH! They seem to be earlier this year.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too early for love bugs.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.