cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Marcus is coming to town

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus is coming to my home town Friday. Camping World bought out our local dealer and Friday is their grand opening. I really wouldn't mind meeting him but of course I'll be out of town on business. Figures...
23 REPLIES 23

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to say I couldn't give a rats butt less where Marcus is.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
noplace2 wrote:
Dtank wrote:

WOW! - How COOL is that?..:@

Double, triple WOW!!...:C..:C..:C

GREEN with envy - are you ever lucky!

Change your business plans ASAP, and.........

Get his autograph and a "selfie" while holding a smiley face with a halo over *your* head.

Be sure to ask how you can get on a GS mailing list.

My thoughts exactly :Z

Hey show him the guys awning installation from the Dear Marcus section and see if that same great service is now available @ the new store. May even ask about dumpster diving for a generator all while eating a free hot dog. :B
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:

Get his autograph and a "selfie" while holding a smiley face with a halo over *your* head.

My thoughts exactly :Z
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
Marcus is coming to my home town Friday. Camping World bought out our local dealer and Friday is their grand opening. I really wouldn't mind meeting him but of course I'll be out of town on business. Figures...

et2
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Carlos & Ranae wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
I'd rather go camping. Maybe trump will be there, too.

The Donald is in England at the British Women Open

Yes, I heard. My sarcasm was over the "no love" Marcus has for The Donald.

Or the love he has for free speech ( not).

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Carlos & Ranae wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:

Yes, I heard. My sarcasm was over the "no love" Marcus has for The Donald.

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:

Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
W6EOD should get a gold star or a lollipop or something for suggesting another VA CampingWorld shop: Clicky to old thread.

EDIT: Cancel the lollipop....it's Richmond, INDIANA...not Richmond, VIRGINIA.

Bummer.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
In "The Profit," Lemonis works to help save jobs and grow struggling businesses with investments and advice. The program has completed two seasons.
I'm really amazed that with all the problems at his own locations, he goes out to save other businesses. There is multiple seasons worth of shows to be made ""growing struggling businesses" in his own company! I might even tune in. You could start lining them up just by reading the Dear Marcus section!

Just sayin....
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
nomad.297 wrote:
Maybe I'll go there and personally request he give me the money he still owes me.

Bruce

Bring all those CW gift certificates the RapidReponse team sent you.

You might get "moderated" out of the store...or worse: deleted (like all of your posts and usernames). ๐Ÿ™‚
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch, the store wasn't open last week so it will be interesting to see. They moved it from the building it was in to the showroom building across the street.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Shoe, Holman is a really great dealer. Since Camping World bought R-apers Cincy store as well, I doubt that Holman would be in Marcus' sights.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been to the Camping World in Richmond since they took over Tom R-aper there. I wonder if Camping World in Richmond is providing free Hot Dogs and drinks when anyone comes in? Sometimes, we'd go out of our way, when traveling through Richmond when it was Tom R-aper, visit the parts store, pick up a few things, and go across the street and grab a couple hot dogs. We always though that was so fun, and cool, and then we'd look at some of the camper in the show room. Haven't done that in a while as we haven't been that direction in a couple years. I do miss that those special fun times though.

I do know Camping World in the Indianapolis location does not do hotdogs! But we did stop in once and they had a grill running out back for a couple hours once with hot dogs for customers. That was cool! But it was also a special event.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
Dutch, yes it is Tom R-aper RV's in Richmond. He will be there 2:30 on Friday. BTW your link isn't working.

Your right about the word blocking, it is pretty bad that it blocks a proper name.

The link was on a journalism web site. I did another Google search. Here's the copy paste:

http://www.pal-item.com/story/money/business/2015/07/29/camping-world-ceo-visit-local-grand-opening/30842731/

Camping World CEO to visit during local grand opening

Camping World, which purchased the former Tom ****r RVs this spring, is having a grand opening celebration featuring the company's leader.

Festivities begin Thursday and continue through Aug. 8, but the biggest part of the celebration will be Friday when Marcus Lemonis, CEO and Chairman of Camping World and host of CNBC's TV show, "The Profit," makes an appearance.

Lemonis will be at the Richmond SuperCenter, 2250 Williamsburg Pike, for about an hour starting at 2:30 p.m. Friday to meet and greet customers, employees and visitors. In "The Profit," Lemonis works to help save jobs and grow struggling businesses with investments and advice. The program has completed two seasons.

Additional Friday activities include an 11 a.m. ribbon cutting ceremony with the Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce.

On Saturdays Aug. 1 and Aug. 8, free lunch will be offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. as part of the celebration.

The remodeled and updated Camping World of Richmond offers more than 10,000 RV and camping products and accessories. The center also offers sales of new and used RVs and a service and parts department. The Richmond location employs more than 100 people.

Marcus Lemonis mug
Marcus Lemoinis, CEO and chairman of Camping World and Good Sam and host of the CNBC TV show, โ€œThe Profit.โ€ (Photo: Photo supplied)
"It's an exciting time for us as we launch our second SuperCenter in the state of Indiana, given the rich history and tourism appeal of the Richmond community," Lemonis said in a press release. "We are elated to provide our new customers and the patrons of the previous Tom ****r RV dealership with this convenient SuperCenter that can fulfill all of their outdoor and RV needs in one place, from thousands of accessories to RV sales and service."

Camping World, the nation's largest RV and outdoor retailer, acquired the former Tom ****r RVs on March 27. Tom ****r started the Richmond RV dealership in 1964 and after moving it to Williamsburg Pike made Interstate 70's Exit 149A famous with his regional commercials. After ****r's retirement in 2002, the dealership was operated by David Bane. Bane expanded the company to include locations in London and Fairfield, Ohio, and sold all three dealerships to Camping World this year.

Camping World was founded in 1966 in Bowling Green, Ky., and the business has grown to include more than 115 SuperCenters in 36 states with more than 7,000 employees. Camping World also is owner of Good Sam, the world's largest RV owners association. Additionally, it is the sponsor of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the Official RV and Outdoor Retailer of NASCAR.

PAL-ITEM
Giant flag one of many changes coming to Camping World

If you go

โ€ขWhat: Camping World of Richmond grand opening festivities

โ€ขWhen: July 30-Aug. 8

โ€ขWhere: Camping World of Richmond SuperCenter, 2250 Williamsburg Pike, Richmond

โ€ขSpecial events:

โ€ข11 a.m. Friday โ€” Ribbon cutting ceremony with the Wayne County Area Chamber of Commerce

โ€ข2:30 p.m. Friday โ€” Appearance by Marcus Lemonis, CEO and Chairman of Camping World and host of CNBC's TV show, "The Profit"

โ€ข11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, Aug. 1 and Aug. 8 โ€” Free lunch

โ€ขInfo: www.campingworldofrichmond.com