cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mayo Clinic

jimj
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester Mn in September and would like some input on where to camp in the area. I see 3 campgrounds in the area but would like to know more if anyone has been there and has a special place to stay in the area.

Thanks

JimJ
9 REPLIES 9

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw no RV parking near the clinic buildings. They're a hospital complex, not an RV park. Having visited several hospitals in the Kansas City area also, not due to any illnesses of mine, I've not seen any that have RV parking there either. It may not be as prevalent as you've been led to believe.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cheteckie
Explorer
Explorer
i have not seen any obvious RV parking areas close to the clinic. I have only seen parking garages, and private lots full of cars.
2013 Allegro Bus
2013 Subaru WRX

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheteckie wrote:
We stayed at Autumnwoods this spring. The campground was neat as a pin, and the people very friendly. It is outside the city near the airport, but it's an easy drive to the clinic. We told them we were there for a Mayo appointment, and they gave us a discount.

On edit: there really are no places near the clinic to park an RV. They have ample space in parking ramps for patient parking. Autumnwoods has a shuttle you can take to and from the clinic. We just drove our toad from the campground.

Really, no places near the clinic ? That's unusual, most hospitals I've been at have a RV lot near by. (But, I've not been to very many) Mayo must be dropping the ball on this one.

cheteckie
Explorer
Explorer
Don't be too worried about there being a lot of walking involved at the Mayo complex. There are always volunteers and employees ready to help with directions. There are also plenty of chairs and benches for those who want a break from walking. If you decide you need a wheelchair, they are scattered all over the place free for anyone to use.

The buildings are connected by an underground hallway "subway" and by a second floor "skyway" system. Some restaurants, hotels, and even a shopping center are accessible by it, too.

Everyone there is happy to help people any way they can. They understand there is a lot of stress involved for patients and their families.

Good luck with your visit! You are in good hands!
2013 Allegro Bus
2013 Subaru WRX

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have an answer for you but my Dad did this same thing 3 years ago. He is talking about going back again because of the wonderful treatment he received

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We did an overnight last year at Autuum Woods on our way from WI to the Oregon coast.

Very nice and recommend as it is close to Mayo Clinic.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

pointrow
Explorer
Explorer
Autumn woods is nice. Shuttle works ok but you have to sign up before 7pm the night before. Costs $5.00 round trip but a taxi is %35 one way. Parking decks are close and I believe $20 plus for all day.
Massive place so plan on a lot of walking. Very cordial staff.
good luck

cheteckie
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Autumnwoods this spring. The campground was neat as a pin, and the people very friendly. It is outside the city near the airport, but it's an easy drive to the clinic. We told them we were there for a Mayo appointment, and they gave us a discount.

On edit: there really are no places near the clinic to park an RV. They have ample space in parking ramps for patient parking. Autumnwoods has a shuttle you can take to and from the clinic. We just drove our toad from the campground.
2013 Allegro Bus
2013 Subaru WRX

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know but, I suggest you call Mayo and ask. I'm sure that they have a spot in there parking lot to put your RV for a while but, it would not be camping. I do believe that if you ask them they will tell you all the nearest campgrounds. I'm sure this question has been asked of them before.