cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Most expensive camp chair!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
A friend sent this link for a ridiculously over priced folding camp chair from the same folks that brought you over priced coolers YETI

$300 folding camp chair

Maybe worth this price if the frame were carbon fiber and the mesh graphene?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
48 REPLIES 48

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We are big Yeti fans... we have coolers, cups, water jugs, even the dog bowl. We mostly use Cabela's points from our credit card to buy them. And $300 for a camping chair is stupid. My favorite chair cost $50 and has hydraulic rockers on it.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have tried those zero gravity chairs and don't care for them at all. I want to move the back separately from the foot rest, but on those, you move the back and the footrest moves too. Too much like a regular recliner with no foot rest controls. Not for me. BTDT, gave the chairs away.

If you price stuff right, you'll draw the "You get what you pay for" crowd.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
GordonThree wrote:
A friend sent this link for a ridiculously over priced folding camp chair from the same folks that brought you over priced coolers YETI

$300 folding camp chair

Maybe worth this price if the frame were carbon fiber and the mesh graphene?

Well ... maybe that Yeti is, and maybe it isn't, ever so slightly better than these ... of which we always bring along His and Hers versions of in our RV ๐Ÿ˜‰ :
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHSDDMX/?tag=homchairs.com-20
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Designed to appeal to the same foolish souls that buy Hermes handbags and Christian Louboutin shoes.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Great chair at a good price. I just ordered 6. Thanks (:B)

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
The ideal that (some) people will buy a produce BECAUSE it costs more is a well-established marketing principle. It's called "premium pricing". Rolex watches are a good example. It works well with womens's cosmetics, and look at what some women will pay for shoes and purses.

Before I get hate mail from the ladies, let me hasten to say that men go for it too.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
The chair resembles the Herman Miller office chairs which are also stupidly expensive and tear the back of one's pants.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Doesnโ€™t even rock. My $45 chair does.

Same here :B

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe its extra super comfortable like an overpriced computer chair. Would be fun to sit in just for kicks if you happened to see one on display at a camping store like Bass Pro.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wait until season end closeout at Walmart and buy a folding chair for $10. Does the Yeti version last 30x as long as the cheap one?
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have some I got at Costco 20 years ago for $19. Still working fine and I didn't see any warning about lead content on mine. But my $10 Jeans from Wal Mart wear just as well as their $40--$50 counterparts.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Boon Docker wrote:
There are gullible people out there that will gladly pay $300 for a $50 chair.
I bought chairs very similar to that one at Walmart 9 years ago for $30 each. They are still holding up like new.
True, it amazes me how some think that because something costs more, it's automatically better.
Maybe in some cases, but not always.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hopefully they include a "Yeti decal" with it so you can stick it on the pickup rear window.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are gullible people out there that will gladly pay $300 for a $50 chair.
I bought chairs very similar to that one at Walmart 9 years ago for $30 each. They are still holding up like new.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
WOW !! beyond believable