Did you mean:ย 

Natl Hate Florida ~~ -->

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
DAY

unless you are down there RV'ing!!!

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.
35 REPLIES 35

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
The only sad yet funny part of a cold snap in Florida is watching the homeowners the next morning who insist on planting those very expensive Queen Ann Palms in their front yard.

After a hard freeze for as little as 2 hours, those palm trees look like someone blow torched them to death!!

And yet the next week the homeowners are having them dug out and new ones put back in!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

oh_boy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been coming to Fla for years from central Canada where it is usually -25C this time of year. Tonite will be the coldest night of the year at 30F Warning to cover your plants and possible w/c of 28F wear gloves and a hat.
Boston and N/E getting snow up the ying yang and deep freeze on the central plains.. I'll take a few non existant bugs in the winter and a few cold days. Suns out and the sky is bright blue and in a few days will be back in the 70's. Gotta love Fla for that...
Ian/Mary/Rusty
wire fox terror
03 Dodge Ram 3500,4x4,QC,
Line X,Hijacker 16K slider,
09 Titanium 32E37RSA

JWF
Explorer
Explorer
Southern Michigan, high today 4 degrees, low tonite -12. I shoulda went to Florida.
MichJoe
Roseville, Mich

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
Its funny, I have lived in Florida all my life and many people that I went to school with, that I have worked with, that my wife has worked with, as well as others that I know, moved from Florida when they retired. Most of them left to get away from the rat race that the state has become. So I can understand the hate (not exactly what the ad was about though). North Carolina and Tennessee must be filled with people from Florida, like half of New York must live in Florida now. I'm cold blooded so I don't like the cold for very long. Its going down to freezing tonight, brrr.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
gemsworld wrote:
The rest of the country can also hate California. Our temps have been in the low 80s for several days.

And we are in the middle of February!

That's too hot. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Our California temps have been in the high 60's -> low 70's for several days. In mid summer we'll be in the low-mid 80's here. :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
I worked in Tallahassee for 9 months and in Jupiter for a month and a half stayed in Indian Town and Florida has A LOT of positives I live in S/W Mo. and can't work on my Avco as it is snowed in. I hate snow. but like cold temps I hate rain but love Florida. If I could move to Florida,, it would be Tallahassee for sure beautiful city.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
captbru wrote:
We don't have it that easy down here. Inverness FL is going to be 27 Friday Morning. Oh I forgot back to upper 70's Sunday

X2

Don't forget to add that when the temps do drop down in Florida it is ONLY for a couple of HOURS before dawn!

I'm originally from up North Wisconsin and when they said the temps were going to be below zero? They mean it will drop below zero the minute the sun goes down AND it STAYS at that temp all night long and most likely for the next several days.

Yup, I will take a couple of hours of 30 degrees just before sunrise any day.

I know come morning it WILL be in the upper 70's or more! Bet you Northerner's don't ever see that happen during the winter!

Hi you'all from sunny Florida!

Rock

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Today is up to a balmy 70 but that does not make it a great day. We are catching the SE side of the east coast storm & the wind today is gusting 50mph.

Not a good day for sitting out under an awning at all.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure glad I decided to drive from Michigan to Florida this year for 5-6 weeks. Left on Feb 5 & right now I'm in Marathon Key. Yesterday was 84. Today raining and in the 60's. Loving it. When I head back in mid March I may have to rewinterize the water system. A small price to pay.:)

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I actually like the cold and the snow. I couldent imagine not having four seasons. Ice fishing today and snowboarding this weekend at killington vt. Two things I hate are sweating and humidity. For the life of me I don't know why we have a second home in Daytona.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Community Alumni
Not applicable
"Today I mowed the lawn. Worked up a sweat and sat on the front porch with a nice lemon-aide and waited for an Earthquake."

:B

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
buta4 wrote:
skipro3 wrote:
Loving the warm California sun in February and watching the evening news of all that snow back East. Just sitting out back with a nice glass of wine, enjoying a sunset after a day of kayaking, fishing, car washing, tossing a frisbee with the grand kids, BBQ burgers for dinner and thinking that I never put on shoes all day long!!

Oh, even finished installing the solar panels on the camper. Drawing 15 amps at 9am this morning I see....

You can say all you want about California politics and the crazies here, but I'd rather be homeless in CA than to live in the frozen rest of the country.

Well said.

What you don't have is cold and snow 2-3 months of the year.

What you DO have is:
Earthquakes
Brush fires
Mudslides
Landslides
Droughts
Floods

I'll take cold and snow for a couple of months rather than those possibilities all year around.

Today I mowed the lawn. Worked up a sweat and sat on the front porch with a nice lemon-aide and waited for an Earthquake.

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3 wrote:
Loving the warm California sun in February and watching the evening news of all that snow back East. Just sitting out back with a nice glass of wine, enjoying a sunset after a day of kayaking, fishing, car washing, tossing a frisbee with the grand kids, BBQ burgers for dinner and thinking that I never put on shoes all day long!!

Oh, even finished installing the solar panels on the camper. Drawing 15 amps at 9am this morning I see....

You can say all you want about California politics and the crazies here, but I'd rather be homeless in CA than to live in the frozen rest of the country.

Well said.

What you don't have is cold and snow 2-3 months of the year.

What you DO have is:
Earthquakes
Brush fires
Mudslides
Landslides
Droughts
Floods

I'll take cold and snow for a couple of months rather than those possibilities all year around.

Ray

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't hate them too much. They can't go much farther south!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!