cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Board. New Thermister. Still Freezing

BC_SnoGhost
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone and "Thanks" in advance. I have a Dometic RM 2652 fridge, about 10 years old that keeps freezing everything solid. Temp drops to about 20 degrees(F) and sometimes colder until I shut it off. Even after I shut the on/off button off at the eyebrow board the pilot burner continues to burn. I have to shut off the propane to get it to shut off. Appears to work fine on AC power. I have replaced the thermister and the lower control board without resolve. Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
When you turn fridge OFF ALL DC power to control system is shut off so the only way the main flame (no pilot flame) is staying lit is because gas valve is not closing.

Your thermistor and lower board where not the problem......gas valve is.
The 'auto thermostat' (non adjustable pre-set at factory) is what controls fridge cycle via temp sensed by thermistor. The thermostat turns heating source (electric or gas) on/off to control fridge temp.

You can make minor temp adjustments (6*-8*F) by changing position of thermistor on fin.
Move thermistor clip up for cooler
Move thermistor down for warmer

BUT with gas valve not closing.....main flame continues to burn causing excessive cooling

Time for a new gas valve....part #2932615012 About $125
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like the gas solenoid/valve is stuck. First see if there is 12 volts trying to open the valve when the box is cold. If no 12 volts the flame should go out until the box needs to cool again. If the flame stays on then you can give the valve a whack but it probably needs replacing.

Tha fact that it works ok on AC would indicate the board and thermister are good.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club