Explorer
From Pebble Beach-
-- Chris Bryant
12 REPLIES 12

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
tahiti16 wrote:
I just wonder if that "ship" on top needs a landing strip or does vertical take off and landing! :B

Ray you're brilliant!! That's what it is and why it costs so much!

This is what is on top of that tow vehicle! :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
I just wonder if that "ship" on top needs a landing strip or does vertical take off and landing! :B
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
If that is the best they can do with6 million dollers they won't be shifting anything for me, absolutely absurd unles everything is 24 carat. Can't iven make out what sort of truck it is so posed to be. Do they actually use it.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

CakeHenn
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
Homer wrote:
It is damned plug ugly, nothing on it the average guy would use.

That's the idea. It's not for us average rvers. :S

Haha...yeah it reminds me of one a creation a taxidermist makes where they take different animals and put them together....looks odd. But overall it's kind of cool.
TT: 2013 Jayco Eagle 314
Truck: 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Duck Gun: Benelli Super Black Eagle II

wintersun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
"Dunkel spent over $6 million to create the World Cruiser....."

A fool an his money are soon departed

Has more money than sense

Actually these guys have our money so who is the fool?

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Homer wrote:
It is damned plug ugly, nothing on it the average guy would use.

That's the idea. It's not for us average rvers. :S

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 99% sure the Dunkel Bros. made (and continues to make) their fortunes moving heavy equipment, including the Space Shuttle through LA, and the customized RV stuff is just something Daniel Dunkel does for fun.
'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
If that's the TV, I am sort of scared to see what it tows behind it.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
More info at http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=CA0813-166375&entryRow=347- goes up for auction this Saturday- estimated $450-650K ๐Ÿ™‚
-- Chris Bryant

CakeHenn
Explorer
Explorer
That's a really cool truck but I can't see there being much of a market for it to the point they could produce those and make a real profit. It certainly would not be something that would fit the needs of your average RVer. I'm thinking it would be for the people that really go off the beaten path...not so much something I'd see at an RV resort that has full hookups.

That being said if I hit the power ball that would be my new hunting rig.
TT: 2013 Jayco Eagle 314
Truck: 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Duck Gun: Benelli Super Black Eagle II

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't afford to fill the fuel tanks on that thing ๐Ÿ™‚ Just saw it in a CNN slideshow about vehicles for sale at the Pebble Beach show.
The caption:
This custom mobile home and pickup truck was specially created for Peter Dunkel, a partner in Dunkel Brother Machinery Moving, a company that moves very big things. (Among the things Dunkel Brothers has moved was the Space Shuttle Endeavor from Los Angeles airport to the California Space Center.)

Dunkel spent over $6 million to create the World Cruiser which he calls "The mother of all multipurpose vehicles." The rear truck bed can carry four tons of cargo. Two auxiliary fuel tanks carry 60 gallons of fuel. There are sleeping quarters, a full bathroom with a shower, a complete kitchen and, of course, a lounge area with a flat screen TV. There is also a Kenwood entertainment system with an exterior 10-inch subwoofer to "rock the neighborhood," as the catalog description puts it. (The other folks at the KOA Campground will love you.)

All this is pulled down the highway by a Caterpillar diesel engine putting out 1,200 foot pounds of torque.
-- Chris Bryant

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...is that yours, Chris?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro